I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Orijen Dog Food...

Quote Originally Posted by Tlomrtony View Post
    Koko is 5 months old. I just want to put her on Orijen but had lottssssss of feedbacks saying the same thing you did about mixing. Everyone said Orijen is very powerful hug protein and if mix with TOTW not only is it good but also good results as well.
    Dublin is two and was on Royal Canin. I wish I had known at that point that Grain Free was the way to go I would have saved her and us a lot of heartache, so my biggest advice is as Koko is so young just go for the one kind. Don't mix. Why start now when you don't have to. We had a lot of work to do with Dublin. If you do have some trepidation ( and it seems you do) over the Orijen then pick one of the other great grain free foods listed on this site or go totally with it. As I said I was planning on Fromm but she wouldn't eat any of it. i think it was more the size of the kibble than anything else. Good Luck. I feed her about 50/50

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chuncho
    Likes (Received)

Her stools are perfect on Orijen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza81 View Post
    Her stools are perfect on Orijen
    Thanks! Ill try it and see what happens. I will keep everyone updated..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

@mdn525 Which bag of Acana did you feed her
    Hi! I got her the pacifica, it's the fish based food (blue bag)

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok let me weigh i here. orijen is fantastic food as is acana. id just feed the orijen if you can but if you want you can mix 2 foods together you can. i have done this with sarah and it didnt hurt anything at all so it can be done. now im not trying to make anyone mad but i just want to point out that totw is good food but their manufacturer diamond pet foods just had a recall not to long ago for salmonella in their sc plant. they do not have a great track record for their manufacturing plants. just for fyi.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    ok let me weigh i here. orijen is fantastic food as is acana. id just feed the orijen if you can but if you want you can mix 2 foods together you can. i have done this with sarah and it didnt hurt anything at all so it can be done. now im not trying to make anyone mad but i just want to point out that totw is good food but their manufacturer diamond pet foods just had a recall not to long ago for salmonella in their sc plant. they do not have a great track record for their manufacturing plants. just for fyi.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you prefer mixing or if possible just stuck to one brand?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

feeding one brand of food is optimal and with a growing pup id say try to do that if you can but if that doesnt work then 2 can be done.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    Give her 3/4 old and 1/4 new last night and she really liked it! I usually have to add cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese to get her to eat and she ate her whole bowl with no additions! It smells very fishy, lol. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted.

How is ur process on Acana?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I agree with all the above comments, both are good foods, so it's a choice, see which one she likes and tolerates, but these foods are adult foods, and at 5 months, I wouldn't wart to switch her to adult food until she was older, around 7 months. She is still growing and developing so needs the extra calories, and vitamins that puppies need for energy and growing.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

How is ur process on Acana?
    I would highly recommend Acana, she really loves it and her coat is literally like silk. She is 5 months and about 30-35 lbs and she gets about 1 cup in morning and 1 cup in evening. Her 's were a little soft so we backed off from 1 1/4 cup to 1 cup and it seems to have helped.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

I would highly recommend Acana, she really loves it and her coat is literally like silk. She is 5 months and about 30-35 lbs and she gets about 1 cup in morning and 1 cup in evening. Her 's were a little soft so we backed off from 1 1/4 cup to 1 cup and it seems to have helped.

Is her poo smelly or anything?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

I think my koko is like your bully. I have been mixing Royal Canine and Fromm together but she doesn't eat the whole meal. She picks at it throughout the day. I have to put some goodies on top for her to eat. I'm think of switching to the Acana Grassland brand. I really don't like the smell of the Pacifica one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads