Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orijen Dog Food...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Orijen Dog Food...

I haven't thought about mixing her Orijen with TOTW food. I always heard that it was not good to mix together and should always stick with one brand.

Is there a particular brand or Orijen anyone prefer? Today I bought the blue bad Orijen with Free-Run chicken & turkey with wild caught fish and whole eggs or at least that's what is says on the bag. I was going to switch her on Monday slowly and see what happens.

Has any one else tried that kind of Orijen?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

@mdm525 let me know how it goes for you. Interested to see what happens...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tlomrtony View Post
    @mdm525 let me know how it goes for you. Interested to see what happens...
    Give her 3/4 old and 1/4 new last night and she really liked it! I usually have to add cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese to get her to eat and she ate her whole bowl with no additions! It smells very fishy, lol. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

I haven't thought about mixing her Orijen with TOTW food. I always heard that it was not good to mix together and should always stick with one brand.

Is there a particular brand or Orijen anyone prefer? Today I bought the blue bad Orijen with Free-Run chicken & turkey with wild caught fish and whole eggs or at least that's what is says on the bag. I was going to switch her on Monday slowly and see what happens.

Has any one else tried that kind of Orijen?
    Dublin is doing good on both. the TOTW has less protein but both are grain free and that is the important part with Dublin. I use the Orijen Red because I can't stand the smell of the fish either going in or coming out

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chuncho
    Likes (Received)

Hi I've been reading your thread your little girl is adorable!! I have a 10 week old puppy and am currently feeding her Orijen puppy and she's doing great. I also have TOTW bags to feed her next and was thinking about mixing the two but also heard it wasn't the best to mix but I would love to. If anyone else has any feedback on mixing the two would be great.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

@mdn525 Which bag of Acana did you feed her
    Last edited by Tlomrtony; 11-02-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @Mazza81

so far I think I am going to try the Orijen red bag and see how that goes...
    Last edited by Tlomrtony; 11-02-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    Dublin is doing good on both. the TOTW has less protein but both are grain free and that is the important part with Dublin. I use the Orijen Red because I can't stand the smell of the fish either going in or coming out

Humm I might have to try mixing both then. Which brand of TOTW are you currently using? If I do that do you prefer just mixing both bags together and then slowly transition with the old bag??? How is the poop?
    Last edited by Tlomrtony; 11-02-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Humm I might have to try mixing both then. Which brand of TOTW are you currently using? If I do that do you prefer just mixing both bags together and then slowly transition with the old bag??? How is the poop?

Its TOTW Sierra Mountain Canine formula with Roasted Lamb. Why don't you just transition to the Orijen on it's own? How old is Koko? I just mix the two because I'm me. . I plan on some point just having her on one food. Poop is excellent! Couldn't ask for better

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

When I got Dublin from the breeder she was on Royal Canin. :crying: Long story short. Dublin has "Leaky Gut" syndrome and a whole host of allergies. I know feed her Origjen Original Red mixed with a little of Taste of the Wild. I personally contacted the company who makes Orijen as I was "concerned" about the high protein content. they were very responsive and answered my questions easily. Everything I have read and what I have asked my vet is all positive. I really only mix because I find the Orijen very "powerful" stuff. It is super "fragrant" and I am very sensitve to smell. You can really smell the protein in it. that is the only reason I mix it. Her digestive system has improved 95%. The only down side for me is that her burps are pretty powerful but farting almost not existent.... I never talk about farting any place other than this site... P.S. I really wanted to put her on Fromm as there are so many people on the site that have great luck with it but she wouldn't eat it, now way no how. I tried every flavor they have..

Do you mix 50/50 now or how?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Its TOTW Sierra Mountain Canine formula with Roasted Lamb. Why don't you just transition to the Orijen on it's own? How old is Koko? I just mix the two because I'm me. . I plan on some point just having her on one food. Poop is excellent! Couldn't ask for better

Koko is 5 months old. I just want to put her on Orijen but had lottssssss of feedbacks saying the same thing you did about mixing. Everyone said Orijen is very powerful hug protein and if mix with TOTW not only is it good but also good results as well.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Koko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza81 View Post
    Hi I've been reading your thread your little girl is adorable!! I have a 10 week old puppy and am currently feeding her Orijen puppy and she's doing great. I also have TOTW bags to feed her next and was thinking about mixing the two but also heard it wasn't the best to mix but I would love to. If anyone else has any feedback on mixing the two would be great.
    how is stools on this food?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads