General Question Can I feed my puppy boiled rice or pasta?

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Hi I have a 10 week old puppy which I am currently feeding her Orijen puppy and she is doing well on it with firm stools. She weighs around 8 kilos and she's very active thanks to my 3 year old son lol but she's always hungry. I feed her 1/3 cup 3 times a day but she looks to be a bit on the skinny side and I don't really want to increase her kibble due to the high protein level in Orijen. Is it possible to bulk her food up with rice or pasta? I can just feel her ribs and she definitely has a defined waist. I also mix I teaspoon of Salmon oil in her food once a day.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Re: Can I feed my puppy boiled tice or pasta?

yes you could do that id use rice maybe or giver her some banana or some fruit or something in between meals. frozen green beans are a favorite here. if you do give rice or something be careful of your bully getting a yeast problem but with the orijen it would probably be ok. :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would def add something if she is thin. So long as it doesnt disagree with her in general that shouldnt hurt any. That is a great food but if you are worried about protein maybe switch while she is still growing?

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Re: Can I feed my puppy boiled tice or pasta?

Thanks so much for your reply :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
At 10 weeks I would say that she may need more food ... you're only giving her 1 cup a day in total. And at 8 kilos I think she needs a lot more than that.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Thanks for your reply. She's doing good on the food just used to seeing chubby puppies lol il finish this bag off them change her onto something else I'm thinking Acana as its the best I can get here in France or TOTW

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would increase her food a little, you can tell if you are feeding too much if her stool becomes soft. I would rather over feed a young pup of that age than under feed her.

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
I had her on 1/2 a cup 3 times a day but her stools were a bit runny thats why I went back to 1/3

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: for a puppy that age should be eating a lot more then one cup a day I feed Franklin 2 cups an he's 6 months if its to runny I would feed her 4 times a day or space it out more

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.