Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I feed mine Fromms Beef Fritata now, but we switched 4 times before we got it right. They are both doing well on this food, so will stick it out. Dozer has a cast iron stomach, and no sensitivity problems so far, so can really eat any of the foods, we were on Royal Canin, and switched, to Go Natural, gave them diarrhea, switched back to Royal, then to Fromms Puppy Gold, again not good for Blossom, she has a lot of sensitivity if not allergies, she had loose stools, pink ears, pink chin, and around mouth, and red teary eyes. I switched them to the Fromms Beef Fritata, and its been 2 weeks, and they are both doing well on this food. Their stools were a little soft/mushy for a couple of days, now they are normal. Blossom no longer has any pinkness, or red goopy eyes, plus I think they are pooping less, and it doesn't smell as bad as before. Of course it still smells, it's poop after all. Lol

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
oh still a puppy well maybe one of the other then for more protein and yes you can test with treats to see which they like better.

She's going to be 5 months next week... what range should I be looking for? Thank you so much for your help, by the way. I really appreciate it - this food stuff is tough!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
She's going to be 5 months next week... what range should I be looking for? Thank you so much for your help, by the way. I really appreciate it - this food stuff is tough!
well prolly 28 to 35 ive seen in puppy foods but acana is like around 31 or so it should be ok. ive been there done that with sarah been through to many to count.

EKen53

Nov 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bobby Homeboy
I switched Bobby to Acana Pacifica a week ago and he loves it. He was on Fromm Gold Puppy before and was doing pretty well also. I basically only chose Acana because it had good reviews and it was Canadian :)

Most stores over here (Montreal) have a policy that if your dog doesn't do well with a brand, you can return the bag if it is still 3/4 full.

M

mabel lou

My Mabel has a bag of it and I gave her some one day and wow she loved it, I was planning on changing her from LID Natures Balance duck and potato because she has very red skin and eyes from most all dog foods and LID shows me better results out of any. I got nervous about the food not doing what I wanted it to and went back to the LID. Bag is still sitting there lol. Our store here would like for you to keep the dog food for 7 days and you can bring back and exchange or get money back if you have your receipt, I love that!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
My Mabel has a bag of it and I gave her some one day and wow she loved it, I was planning on changing her from LID Natures Balance duck and potato because she has very red skin and eyes from most all dog foods and LID shows me better results out of any. I got nervous about the food not doing what I wanted it to and went back to the LID. Bag is still sitting there lol. Our store here would like for you to keep the dog food for 7 days and you can bring back and exchange or get money back if you have your receipt, I love that!
oh i wish you would try the acana duck and bartlett pear limited ingredient one its really a great food. ive got two cats and one boston on acana and they are doing fantastic. your choice of course just throwing that out there. :D

M

mabel lou

I am going to pet store in a little bit and check it out if they have it. When I was their a few days ago ( lol I am always their) I didn't see that but am gonna check it out. Right now the bag I have is the Acana pacifica. She is too young for allergy testing so LID natural balance is what I have been satisfied with so far as far as her face only being pink instead of a glowing red ball and eyes :nono: but always willing to check out another LID. Thanks for the advice

M

mabel lou

lol I just come back from the pet store and the clerk told me they didn't have a LID in acana but didn't really take notice of the part of duck and pear in your comment so naturally I will be back at the store tomorrow hahhaha. He kept telling me their was no LID in acana and I was like YES there is hahaha so tomorrow I will be back again, too funny. How funny but I still got another sippy bottle for my dogs while there. I love those things and my girls do so well with them.

IMG_0819.jpg

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
lol I just come back from the pet store and the clerk told me they didn't have a LID in acana but didn't really take notice of the part of duck and pear in your comment so naturally I will be back at the store tomorrow hahhaha. He kept telling me their was no LID in acana and I was like YES there is hahaha so tomorrow I will be back again, too funny. How funny but I still got another sippy bottle for my dogs while there. I love those things and my girls do so well with them.

View attachment 31851
oh well im glad you had a good shopping trip. actually they are called acana singles on their website so just ask for the duck n barlett pear one. i just call them limited ingredient cause well they are, one protein & one grain.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I feed Dozer Acana Pacifica....it is the only food that was able to give him solid stools, albeit at the cost of bad tear stains.

We actually just got him allergy tested, should have the results in a week or two and then I'll more than likely change to a food that agrees with him 100%

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
When we got Raven she was eating Eukanuba puppy food and I changed her to Merrick's B4 Grain. She did pretty well on it but I could never really get her stool nice and solid. So after some looking around and help from Cowsmom I tried the Acana Lamb and she has been great. Nice firm stools and she loves the food to death. She stalks the bag when I bring it home. Good luck working it out, it can take some time figuring out the right food as well as it being something they like.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online