General Question Acana Foods

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Does anyone feed Acana or know anything about it for bully's?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't fed it but I'm sure someone will be along soon who has.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have not fed this to sarah but one of my bostons is on it and doing great. its a very good food but sometimes not for bullies if they have lots of allergies. they do make 2 limited ingredient ones called singles that may fit the bill. if your looking for top of the line food this is it. its really trial and error as far as if your bully will do good on it.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we tried it out once.Lola loved it but she had stinky gas..it was the lamb.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I was thinking about the Pacifica, but the protein is the highest in that one...? I'm so lost with all the different foods and what to look for!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sometimes with food and bullies less is better. maybe try one of the singles and go from there.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
sometimes with food and bullies less is better. maybe try one of the singles and go from there.

She's on Fromm Puppy Gold and it just seems like she really doesn't like it. I have to add stuff everyday to persuade her to eat. I'm just wondering if it's time for a change...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
She's on Fromm Puppy Gold and it just seems like she really doesn't like it. I have to add stuff everyday to persuade her to eat. I'm just wondering if it's time for a change...
well that happens sometimes. i have a boston who is very picky but he loves acana and will eat it without anything on it mostly. cant hurt to try something else and see if she likes it better. you can always go back to fromm gold if it doesnt work out

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
well that happens sometimes. i have a boston who is very picky but he loves acana and will eat it without anything on it mostly. cant hurt to try something else and see if she likes it better. you can always go back to fromm gold if it doesnt work out

Do you think that Acana is a better food then Earthborn Holistic or Fromm? Also, any suggestions on which flavor I should try? I'm pretty sure she has a beef allergy.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Do you think that Acana is a better food then Earthborn Holistic or Fromm? Also, any suggestions on which flavor I should try? I'm pretty sure she has a beef allergy.
i think acana is better than earthborn but the same as fromm. then again earthborn is a bit cheaper but still a wonderful food. well which food were you thinking of and ill give you my preference.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
i think acana is better than earthborn but the same as fromm. then again earthborn is a bit cheaper but still a wonderful food. well which food were you thinking of and ill give you my preference.

I was thinking about either Acana Pacifica or Grasslands...I just want her to actually like her food. She seems to be doing okay on the Fromm other then her not very interested in eating and some eye yukkies.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I just don't see a lot of people on here who feed Acana and that made me worry it wasn't good for bulldogs.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I just don't see a lot of people on here who feed Acana and that made me worry it wasn't good for bulldogs.
well its hit or miss really with bullies that why i say maybe try the singles first then go to the others to try it. the singles have a single grain oats and are limited ingredient. but grassland and pacifica are good foods. my boston was on grasslands and is now on lamb and apple.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
well its hit or miss really with bullies that why i say maybe try the singles first then go to the others to try it. the singles have a single grain oats and are limited ingredient. but grassland and pacifica are good foods. my boston was on grasslands and is now on lamb and apple.

Is 25% protein a good amount for a growing puppy?

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I was also thinking I could test her with treats that are lamb and salmon based first and see which she likes better? Good idea?

Most Reactions