Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Acana Foods

Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    I just don't see a lot of people on here who feed Acana and that made me worry it wasn't good for bulldogs.
    well its hit or miss really with bullies that why i say maybe try the singles first then go to the others to try it. the singles have a single grain oats and are limited ingredient. but grassland and pacifica are good foods. my boston was on grasslands and is now on lamb and apple.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    well its hit or miss really with bullies that why i say maybe try the singles first then go to the others to try it. the singles have a single grain oats and are limited ingredient. but grassland and pacifica are good foods. my boston was on grasslands and is now on lamb and apple.
    Is 25% protein a good amount for a growing puppy?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

I was also thinking I could test her with treats that are lamb and salmon based first and see which she likes better? Good idea?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I feed mine Fromms Beef Fritata now, but we switched 4 times before we got it right. They are both doing well on this food, so will stick it out. Dozer has a cast iron stomach, and no sensitivity problems so far, so can really eat any of the foods, we were on Royal Canin, and switched, to Go Natural, gave them diarrhea, switched back to Royal, then to Fromms Puppy Gold, again not good for Blossom, she has a lot of sensitivity if not allergies, she had loose stools, pink ears, pink chin, and around mouth, and red teary eyes. I switched them to the Fromms Beef Fritata, and its been 2 weeks, and they are both doing well on this food. Their stools were a little soft/mushy for a couple of days, now they are normal. Blossom no longer has any pinkness, or red goopy eyes, plus I think they are pooping less, and it doesn't smell as bad as before. Of course it still smells, it's poop after all. Lol

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Is 25% protein a good amount for a growing puppy?
    oh still a puppy well maybe one of the other then for more protein and yes you can test with treats to see which they like better.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    oh still a puppy well maybe one of the other then for more protein and yes you can test with treats to see which they like better.
    She's going to be 5 months next week... what range should I be looking for? Thank you so much for your help, by the way. I really appreciate it - this food stuff is tough!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

She's going to be 5 months next week... what range should I be looking for? Thank you so much for your help, by the way. I really appreciate it - this food stuff is tough!
    well prolly 28 to 35 ive seen in puppy foods but acana is like around 31 or so it should be ok. ive been there done that with sarah been through to many to count.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bobby Homeboy
    Likes (Received)

I switched Bobby to Acana Pacifica a week ago and he loves it. He was on Fromm Gold Puppy before and was doing pretty well also. I basically only chose Acana because it had good reviews and it was Canadian

Most stores over here (Montreal) have a policy that if your dog doesn't do well with a brand, you can return the bag if it is still 3/4 full.

mabel lou

My Mabel has a bag of it and I gave her some one day and wow she loved it, I was planning on changing her from LID Natures Balance duck and potato because she has very red skin and eyes from most all dog foods and LID shows me better results out of any. I got nervous about the food not doing what I wanted it to and went back to the LID. Bag is still sitting there lol. Our store here would like for you to keep the dog food for 7 days and you can bring back and exchange or get money back if you have your receipt, I love that!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mabel lou View Post
    My Mabel has a bag of it and I gave her some one day and wow she loved it, I was planning on changing her from LID Natures Balance duck and potato because she has very red skin and eyes from most all dog foods and LID shows me better results out of any. I got nervous about the food not doing what I wanted it to and went back to the LID. Bag is still sitting there lol. Our store here would like for you to keep the dog food for 7 days and you can bring back and exchange or get money back if you have your receipt, I love that!
    oh i wish you would try the acana duck and bartlett pear limited ingredient one its really a great food. ive got two cats and one boston on acana and they are doing fantastic. your choice of course just throwing that out there.

mabel lou

I am going to pet store in a little bit and check it out if they have it. When I was their a few days ago ( lol I am always their) I didn't see that but am gonna check it out. Right now the bag I have is the Acana pacifica. She is too young for allergy testing so LID natural balance is what I have been satisfied with so far as far as her face only being pink instead of a glowing red ball and eyes but always willing to check out another LID. Thanks for the advice

mabel lou

lol I just come back from the pet store and the clerk told me they didn't have a LID in acana but didn't really take notice of the part of duck and pear in your comment so naturally I will be back at the store tomorrow hahhaha. He kept telling me their was no LID in acana and I was like YES there is hahaha so tomorrow I will be back again, too funny. How funny but I still got another sippy bottle for my dogs while there. I love those things and my girls do so well with them.

-img_0819-jpg
    Last edited by mabel lou; 12-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads