Thread: Vitamins

Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

Question Vitamins

I am the proud new owner of a 12 week old English Bulldog named Otis. From the breeder, I received a sample of NuVet Plus vitamins and was wondering if anyone here uses them. On another website it said that breeders actually receive a portion of the sale (some kind of "kick-back") if I order NuVet Plus vitamins. My two questions:

1. Should I be giving Otis vitamin supplements?
    2. If so, should I use NuVet Plus vitamins? If not, what vitamins do you recommend?

BTW, I feed Otis Blue Buffalo puppy food (yes, I am happy with it)

Thanks!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You are correct, breeders get a "kick back", but it only goes toward their own purchase of NuVet, and I don't even know how much it is. With that being said, the breeder wants you to put your puppy on NuVet because they give it to their dogs (which is the only way they will benefit). NuVet does not pay money to the breeder, and this I know because I am an affiliate too.

So I say definately get the NuVet. I give it to all my girls EVERYDAY. If you give your bullie NuVet and Blue Buffalo, you are giving him EXACTLY what he needs to be a healthy thriving bully (providing there is nothing medically wrong of course.)

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You know what, I at least have not gotten and money from nuvet, but I will call Monday to be certain! Don't want to give false info.... The way I understood it was that I will only get a discount.....

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Desertsky and I looked into this subject. We spoke to the breeders representative who states: "Breeders recommend NuVet because not only do they believe in it, and use it, but they also get the product at a discount."

We also found out that although money CAN be made if you have huge amounts of clients, a lot of breeders do not benefit hugely because they just reinvest the money into purchasing NuVet for their dogs. Some do, some don't.

We give our 2 adults and 1 puppy NuVet daily. We also crush it and sprinkly it in puppy mush for the little ones. Once we started giving NuVet to our dogs, we noticed a big difference in their shedding and tear stains, and overall "spunk".

Ultimately, it is up to you. Many breeders will only give their health guarantee if you give your dogs NuVet. Make sure you read your contract and see if that is part of it.

Hope this helps you make your decision!

Kennel Cleaner Jefferson bulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
    Likes (Received)

I am thinking of switching over to Nuvet, I have heard nothing but good things about this product.
    JEFFERSON

My uncles swear by the time honored cod liver oil, kelp, and bone meal. Also DOG BLOOM by Ronick Labs.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

My vet just sold me vitamins and thought hey why not? (It is their own vitamin) Previously I had just given fish oil and the boys will eat everything thinking it is a cookie. NOT. lmao. I have to wrap these in cheese to get them to eat em. So long as 1 slice doesnt constipate I guess huh? When these are gone I will look into nuvet.

Kennel Cleaner Jefferson bulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
    Likes (Received)

Does Nuvet contain any grains because one of the girls are allergic to wheat and such.
    Thanks
    JEFFERSON

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

No I don't think so. BUT- it does contain cat's claw. We are currently investigating this one, because cat's claw has been known to cause miscarraiges IN HUMANS, (not dogs) but I won't chance it in the future. I give Nuvet to my girls everyday, but will probably stop if they go into a heat. Not happened to me personally, but have heard of a lot of misscarraiges going around in bullies..... nothing proven or written in stone though, its all circumstantial.

Still working on finding out more about this. Everything I find on the net is highly praised, so these may be coincedence but I don't like coincedences!!!

Remove Ads