Help Needed! Help with Puppy Nutrition and food, Please help!

Ebnrjn21

Oct 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
We have a few picked out!
I am fairly new to this site, but we are getting an English Bulldog puppy in a few months. So i have been doing so much research and trying to knowledge myself like a MAD women, haha. I have read that English Bulldogs can have issues with allergies, yeast problems, and tear stains to name a few. I figured that i would just start the puppy out on the best of the best possible food and regimen i could. I want to start out on a grain free food/treats. I have looked into a few 6 star brands/types but wasnt sure which ones are okay for a young puppy. What brand/type do any of you recommend? I also read about using Apple Cider Vinegar in their water/food and also using it on their skin. Is this okay for a young puppy and how much? And what are your thoughts on the Apple Cider Vinegar? And i also read that giving them yogurt with their food is good too. Is there a certain brand/flavor that is better or even worse to give? I just want to try to nip things in the but early on and give our puppy the best possible healthy, happy, and long life i can! Any little tidbits and things to try or give to our puppy will greatly be appreciated! Thanks you so much!
~Rebecca

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin is 6 months old an I use apple cider vinegar in his water everyday an I use it to wipe him down when I don't give him a bath he eats blue buffalo wilderness salmon I give him yogurt once in awhile an I have been doing this since I got him an that was at 10 weeks I also give him fruit as treats I give a tablespoon of ACV in their water every morning

Ls400ii

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Hi Rebecca,
I used the blue diamond salmon..and the gas sent us running from the room. I have both my dogs on a raw food diet. You may want to check this out if you haven't already. Fiestapetdeli.com. It is owned by a vet and a nutritionist. The dogs fur is like silk and there is no stinky gas. I buy the food a month at a time and freeze it. For snacks I sometimes give them sweet potato or pumpkin, which is good for their stomachs. Or I make them easy doggy cookies with peanut butter and pumpkin puree. I also give them any leftover veggies from dinner and fruit sometimes...bananas, and melon. My little dog is 14 and acts like a puppy. He's been on the raw food for over two years and my English bulldog has been on it since may...she loves it.
Good Luck and enjoy your little one.

Members online

No members online now.