My House has been invaded by Salmon Oil Farts!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
My House has been invaded by Salmon Oil Farts!, update!

I've been giving Horse Salmon Oil for about 2 weeks now, and his farts have been filling the house! They're noisy, stinky ones that even come out in his sleep! It's already made a difference in his itchy skin, and his coat seems to be more shiny so I don't want to stop giving it to him. This is gross, but I know it happens to a lot of humans too because my dad was taking it for awhile and had to stop because his gas was awful!!! (I'm sure he's love me sharing that with you all!) So, as of right now, I'm just going to add it to the list of nasty bully things I have to deal with!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is funny, it must really vary by dog. Either I have gotton so used to their farts I just don't smell them anymore, but my bullies rarely pass gas. This is a scary thought that they are and I just don't smell them anymore....:eek:

But hey, between diapers and bullies I guess I got a lot of stink to deal with, so yes- I guess it could just be my nose!!!! :eek:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
maybe it is the fish oil causing my boys gas then. haha. I guess at this point it could just be anything but both boys are S T I N K Y!!! I wish my nose would get used to it. lol

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Maybe I have gotten used to it like desertsky because I haven't noticed a difference since I put him on salmon oil at the beginning of the year. Sure he is a bully and has been known to clear the room but I have never noticed it ever being different, with salmon oil or when I give him things that should give him gas like broccoli. And actually if it did make a difference Dave would tell me, I know he has not gotten used to it LOL. Maybe it just effects every dog differently.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
You might want to try a different source. I use Krill oil with Bella, the salmon seemed to cause itching.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I have been trying diff oil to see which works best I came home to a sample of Wild ALaskan Salmon Oil and Organic Ocean Kelp. I emailed a company called Life Line Pet Nutrition and they were kind enough to send a sample of each. Which is GREAT!!! I dont want to waste ungoddley amounts trying to find one that works. Mr.Beefy gets Krill oil but I have still been searching for a good one for Geogia and Baby Joe. Also Krill farts are sooooo much less stinky lol.

Last edited:
OP
laurentourville

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
hmm maybe I will try the Krill oil next. the only bad side effect of the salmon oil so far is the stinky gas (thank god its still nice enough to open the windows). it seems to be making his skin and coat healthier, so, since the gas doesn't really bother me, i'm gonna deal with it till the bottle is gone, then maybe try the Krill Oil. thank you for the advice!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I've been giving Horse Salmon Oil for about 2 weeks now, and his farts have been filling the house! They're noisy, stinky ones that even come out in his sleep! It's already made a difference in his itchy skin, and his coat seems to be more shiny so I don't want to stop giving it to him. This is gross, but I know it happens to a lot of humans too because my dad was taking it for awhile and had to stop because his gas was awful!!! (I'm sure he's love me sharing that with you all!) So, as of right now, I'm just going to add it to the list of nasty bully things I have to deal with!

lol. stig's is always the silent yet deadly type ones. always catches us by surprise.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have introduced Salmon oil too, and Maggie can easily clear a room!! However, that paticular skill was one she had mastered already!! So I don't know if the salmon oil has really made any difference. The other dogs don't seem to be having any problems.

It's a bulldog thing!

OP
laurentourville

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
it's been about a month since we started Horse on salmon oil, and I'm happy to say, I think his body must've adjusted to it, as his farting has returned to pre-salmon oil levels/normal bullie farts!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.