Help Needed! Fromm Beef Frittata for Yeast Issues?

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I want to switch Bo to a new food. First, because I found out I am feeding him crappy food (which was recommended to me by the vet) and secondly, because he has a yeasty nose and feet. Is the beef frittata a good option for the yeast problems? I read the ingredients and there are potatoes and sweet potatoes pretty high up in the ingredient list. I was thinking potatoes = sugar = more yeast? Any insight or other food recommendation is appreciated. And for a side note, we have never had any problems with the food he is on now.. he seems to do fine allergy wise, but did have to have his entropion repaired recently, not sure if that is/could be connected to food.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
There is no right or wrong answer to this one, because different bullies have different triggers to yeast issues.

All I can say is that the Fromm 4* range is probably the most favoured food by the bully owners on here. And I'd say the grain free range is the most popular out of that. They actually have four different grain-free flavours so if your bully is reacting badly to grain you could switch and change between those four. However, the ONLY one of the grain free which is totally chicken free is the beef frittata. Because a lof of bullies seem to have issues with chicken, that's why you will see that flavour mentioned more than the others.

So I would try any of the grain free flavours and see what works best for your bully. Remember that they often need to be on the new food for about 30 days for you truly see the effects. Only because it takes about 30 days for the old food to get truly out of their system.

What food are you using right now??

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
she is right each bully is different as far as triggers for yeast and allergies. as she stated the beef fritatta is the most used her because of the chicken issues and bullies. you really just have to try it and see.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
There is no right or wrong answer to this one, because different bullies have different triggers to yeast issues.

All I can say is that the Fromm 4* range is probably the most favoured food by the bully owners on here. And I'd say the grain free range is the most popular out of that. They actually have four different grain-free flavours so if your bully is reacting badly to grain you could switch and change between those four. However, the ONLY one of the grain free which is totally chicken free is the beef frittata. Because a lof of bullies seem to have issues with chicken, that's why you will see that flavour mentioned more than the others.

So I would try any of the grain free flavours and see what works best for your bully. Remember that they often need to be on the new food for about 30 days for you truly see the effects. Only because it takes about 30 days for the old food to get truly out of their system.

What food are you using right now??

Pro Plan Select- Lamb and Rice. As I mentioned before.... I really don't know if the food is bothering him, unless the food can cause the eye problem or the yeast issue. He poops once a day, it is solid and formed, never had any issues there. Just thought about the switch after I read his current food's rating.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Pro Plan Select- Lamb and Rice. As I mentioned before.... I really don't know if the food is bothering him, unless the food can cause the eye problem or the yeast issue. He poops once a day, it is solid and formed, never had any issues there. Just thought about the switch after I read his current food's rating.

Yes ... you need to get him off the Pro Plan as soon as you can. That really is a yucky food (2* rating). I would go ahead and try any of the Fromm 4* range. Just make sure you transition him slowly. Gradually increasing the Fromm and reducing the ProPlan. I usually increase the amount every 3 days so that a full transition takes about 10 days total. Maybe I'm over cautious taking that long, but I don't have to want to deal with the loose :poo:!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.