Other Beware of Fish Processing in China

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I don't know if anyone posted about this the other day, but I do know a lot of EBN members feed fish based products (fish meal, oil and whole fish) to their bullies. It's all about the majority of fish being processed in China. An article I read mentions that the majority of fish are caught, frozen, then shipped to China for processing - and in the process chemicals called Sodium Tripolyphosphate are added - refrozen, then shipped back to their originating country.

The point of concern is whether the fish used in pet food is processed in China as well - so be sure to check with your dog food manufacturer to verify if the fish is processed in China and whether they use Sodium Tripolyphosphate (they probably won't know the answer).

Earthborn Holistics (some members use Coastal Catch, and Primitive Natural which has whitefish meal) claims that their fish is processed in Alaska, Maine and along the Gulf Coast.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That doesn't surprise me. I was actually shocked one day when I went to buy fish in the grocery sore and guess where it too came from?! Yep china. Nice huh? I ask the butcher which ones r NOT from china before I buy now.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: we are having so many problems with stuff coming from China I can't stand it between the arsenic in the rice an apple juice to the fish an all the other stuff that's horrible coming from their I wish we would just stop dealing with them but that would never happen

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
China junk, that's all it is, they have hardly no quality control and don't care.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
this just makes me so mad. its not like its news not to buy food from china yet we keep doing it. im thinking it has to do with all the debt we owe them so we keep it coming. dont get me started. :bitching:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
this just makes me so mad. its not like its news not to buy food from china yet we keep doing it. im thinking it has to do with all the debt we owe them so we keep it coming. dont get me started. :bitching:

Naw..not the debt..most of our debt is to ourselves.. It's ALL about profit. The more they make..the more they want. AND..heaven forbid they give up a bit of profit to have it made here!!! :cursing: oops..I got started!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Naw..not the debt..most of our debt is to ourselves.. It's ALL about profit. The more they make..the more they want. AND..heaven forbid they give up a bit of profit to have it made here!!! :cursing: oops..I got started!!
im talking about how much money we owe them so do you think they are going to stop this stuff coming in here even though its killing people and animals and yes its cheaper to have them make it there to.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online