General Question What kind of treats, or snacks do you feed your Bulldog?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Store bought
natural foods such as yogurts, apples , cottage cheese?
Table scrapes
Other snacks?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Couple of spoonfuls of pumpkin if he's having soft poop, blueberries, whole milk yogurt, baby carrots, Innova Prime grain free biscuits, Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie sausage (but I believe it has oats in it, so it's only occasionally), freeze dried chicken livers and string cheese. I've also made him chicken jerky.

I've tried apples, watermelon and strawberries - he'll spit them out and will eventually eat them if he sees he's not getting anything else, but not really interested in them.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I give my dog cheese frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, banana's, apple's, yogurt, an sometimes just when they have been extra good some steak an Turkey when I eat it I had steak tonight an I gave them a tiny piece.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I guess I'm a very strict mom, I only give treats when training and for good behaviour. Then it's bits of boiled gizzards or pigs tongue. occasionaly he gets cheese.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas gets fruits or veggies for his bedtime snack..

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
For store-bought treats I give him Blue Buffalo brand grain-free treats. For natural/real food I give him cheese, bananas, yogurt, eggs, and apples. I've tried to give him pumpkin, watermelon, and carrots, but he didn't like any of them. I really thought he'd love the watermelon, but he just spit it out.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I guess I'm a very strict mom, I only give treats when training and for good behaviour. Then it's bits of boiled gizzards or pigs tongue. occasionaly he gets cheese.
What is up with the picture at the bottom, it's like super bully taking off for flight!!!!!!!!!

Bacon loves frozen blueberrys and cherries, we have a cherry pitter so when the farmers markets had fresh cherries in the spring I would pit whatever we didn't eat and freeze them for treats. He also loves ice cubes.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber loves ice cubes, dehydrated carrots, beef jerky, frozen peas and green beans, frozen mashed potato patties, frozen salmon squares, cheese, and anything she can beg off my daughter.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We only give natural fresh or frozen stuff for treats ........ I won't include food "toppings" so here are what I call treats:-

frozen green beans
frozen broccoli
frozen cauliflower
frozen carrot slices
baby carrot
cucumber chunks
water melon
orange
chunks of apple
banana

I have every intention of ONE DAY attempting to make my own doggy cookies to use as treats, but work and life have made it impossible to find the time so far!! :no:

One day ............... :yes:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We keep a separate bowl of Fromm Beef Frittata kibble in HRH's throne room so when she needs a treat she is getting her regular food. We watch her diet pretty closely.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also use most of the same natural snacks that others here are using, such as the yogurt , apples, cheese, carrots , etc, I haven't tried blueberries, or strawberries yet, but they have had bananas. I noticed that a lot of people use frozen fruits and vegetables, is this better than fresh?? Just wondering, as my pups don't always chew everything that well, they tend to inhale their food , and eat very fast, so I am careful what kind of treats they get, nothing to big or hard, and have to cut things or break them up into smaller pieces. I don't give Dozer raw baby carrots anymore, because they were coming back out the same way they went in lol. Raw baby carrot bullets. I'm afraid if I give them frozen, that it might be too hard going down, or it may be way too cold since they just swallow everything.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Their regular kibble, ice cubes, dental chews, and the biscuit to keep the grass green.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online