Other Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
After 6 months of trying to find a food that agrees with Dozer I can produly say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Every food we tried always ended up in mashed potatoe style diarrhea and/or throwing up in the middle of the night. Some of the foods we tried included; Nature's Variety Instinct Beef, Nature's Variety Rabbit, California Natural Kangaroo, Fromm Puppy Gold Chiot, Earthborn Meadow Feast, and Natural Balance Venision.

It has been almost 2 weeks and thanks to Acana Pacifica his stool is now firm and normal and the throwing up has ceased completely. I am so elated that I cannot hold my joy in!!!!!!!!!! I feel like he can now be a normal happy pup with no problems at all! WOOHOOOOO!!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
That is great!!! I am going through similar situation with my puppy. I am glad you finally found a good food for Dozer!

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
That IS wonderful!!!!!! Now where have you been hmm?.... :tapfoot:

Working crazy hours, doing stuff around the house, gf and such ect really keeps me tied up. I still poke my head in here from time to time. I am hoping work calms down before the holidays but I wont hold my breath on that lol

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Yea ! ! ! alot of bullies do well on Fish based :) that is what we use :) (but its a different brand)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Working crazy hours, doing stuff around the house, gf and such ect really keeps me tied up. I still poke my head in here from time to time. I am hoping work calms down before the holidays but I wont hold my breath on that lol

So long as you keep comin back I will let it slide.... ;) Need to get some more ghost stories going since it is the season and all. Time to find that thread....

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So long as you keep comin back I will let it slide.... ;) Need to get some more ghost stories going since it is the season and all. Time to find that thread....

LOL! Actually next weekend if all goes well my friend and I are supposed to go investigate an abandoned TB hospital on Staten Island.

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh boy glad you found it! It can be very hard to find the perfect food that our bullies agree with! :2thumbs: I was happy when we tried Fromm Beef Frittatta and it was perfect! Glad all is well ! Yup you can leave us no way! We need our Dozer updates! Hope all is well Misss ya around here!

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Oh boy glad you found it! It can be very hard to find the perfect food that our bullies agree with! :2thumbs: I was happy when we tried Fromm Beef Frittatta and it was perfect! Glad all is well ! Yup you can leave us no way! We need our Dozer updates! Hope all is well Misss ya around here!

Thanks! Yeah it was so aggravating finding something that worked. I felt so bad for him, poor pup's tummy must have been in such turmoil from the food sensitivities that he has. Either way, I now know that meat and poultry does not sit well with my little guy. I am happy I found this out now rather than later. Acana is a good food too, it got good reviews but the food smells so bad! I need to get one of those air tight storage containers for it.

BTW, I bought Dozer a top hat for Halloween. He is going as a gentleman this year :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thanks! Yeah it was so aggravating finding something that worked. I felt so bad for him, poor pup's tummy must have been in such turmoil from the food sensitivities that he has. Either way, I now know that meat and poultry does not sit well with my little guy. I am happy I found this out now rather than later. Acana is a good food too, it got good reviews but the food smells so bad! I need to get one of those air tight storage containers for it.

BTW, I bought Dozer a top hat for Halloween. He is going as a gentleman this year :)

Thats why Im happy our first choice Fromm worked for us. I got the petsmart container that holds the food! It doesnt fit the whole 28lb bag but it works well! I am needing a new one though I think lol Well glad you know what he is sensitive too!

You better post some pictures of Dozer with his costume! We deserve pics :grin:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Dozer has grown so much - he looks fantastic! So happy to hear you found agreeable food. I know we hate to see our babies not feeling well.
Great to see you back - don't stay away so long! Hope you make it to that haunted outing and share your findings!
Halloween is my fave time of the season!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
no ghost stories!! My backyard borders a cemetery :scared:

My God Dozer has grown into a handsome one! Good thing you found food that works for him. He looks like he's starving :LMAO:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online