Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19

Thread: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

  1. #1
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    After 6 months of trying to find a food that agrees with Dozer I can produly say, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

    Every food we tried always ended up in mashed potatoe style diarrhea and/or throwing up in the middle of the night. Some of the foods we tried included; Nature's Variety Instinct Beef, Nature's Variety Rabbit, California Natural Kangaroo, Fromm Puppy Gold Chiot, Earthborn Meadow Feast, and Natural Balance Venision.

    It has been almost 2 weeks and thanks to Acana Pacifica his stool is now firm and normal and the throwing up has ceased completely. I am so elated that I cannot hold my joy in!!!!!!!!!! I feel like he can now be a normal happy pup with no problems at all! WOOHOOOOO!!!

  2. #2
    Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston - TX
    Posts
    813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)
    237

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    That is great!!! I am going through similar situation with my puppy. I am glad you finally found a good food for Dozer!

  3. #3
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Dubbiedog's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ann
    Location
    Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    970
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    So happy for you What a stunning bullie Dozer is

  4. #4
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    That IS wonderful!!!!!! Now where have you been hmm?....

  5. #5
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    That IS wonderful!!!!!! Now where have you been hmm?....
    Working crazy hours, doing stuff around the house, gf and such ect really keeps me tied up. I still poke my head in here from time to time. I am hoping work calms down before the holidays but I wont hold my breath on that lol

  6. #6
    Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RaRett's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    1,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    325

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Yea ! ! ! alot of bullies do well on Fish based that is what we use (but its a different brand)

  7. #7
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Working crazy hours, doing stuff around the house, gf and such ect really keeps me tied up. I still poke my head in here from time to time. I am hoping work calms down before the holidays but I wont hold my breath on that lol
    So long as you keep comin back I will let it slide.... Need to get some more ghost stories going since it is the season and all. Time to find that thread....

  8. #8
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    So long as you keep comin back I will let it slide.... Need to get some more ghost stories going since it is the season and all. Time to find that thread....
    LOL! Actually next weekend if all goes well my friend and I are supposed to go investigate an abandoned TB hospital on Staten Island.
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 10-16-2012 at 12:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Oh boy glad you found it! It can be very hard to find the perfect food that our bullies agree with! I was happy when we tried Fromm Beef Frittatta and it was perfect! Glad all is well ! Yup you can leave us no way! We need our Dozer updates! Hope all is well Misss ya around here!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  10. #10
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Oh boy glad you found it! It can be very hard to find the perfect food that our bullies agree with! I was happy when we tried Fromm Beef Frittatta and it was perfect! Glad all is well ! Yup you can leave us no way! We need our Dozer updates! Hope all is well Misss ya around here!

    Thanks! Yeah it was so aggravating finding something that worked. I felt so bad for him, poor pup's tummy must have been in such turmoil from the food sensitivities that he has. Either way, I now know that meat and poultry does not sit well with my little guy. I am happy I found this out now rather than later. Acana is a good food too, it got good reviews but the food smells so bad! I need to get one of those air tight storage containers for it.

    BTW, I bought Dozer a top hat for Halloween. He is going as a gentleman this year

  11. #11
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    Thanks! Yeah it was so aggravating finding something that worked. I felt so bad for him, poor pup's tummy must have been in such turmoil from the food sensitivities that he has. Either way, I now know that meat and poultry does not sit well with my little guy. I am happy I found this out now rather than later. Acana is a good food too, it got good reviews but the food smells so bad! I need to get one of those air tight storage containers for it.

    BTW, I bought Dozer a top hat for Halloween. He is going as a gentleman this year
    Thats why Im happy our first choice Fromm worked for us. I got the petsmart container that holds the food! It doesnt fit the whole 28lb bag but it works well! I am needing a new one though I think lol Well glad you know what he is sensitive too!

    You better post some pictures of Dozer with his costume! We deserve pics :grin:
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  12. #12
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    NigelsMom's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,665
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    98
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Finally found an agreeable food!!!!!

    Dozer has grown so much - he looks fantastic! So happy to hear you found agreeable food. I know we hate to see our babies not feeling well.
    Great to see you back - don't stay away so long! Hope you make it to that haunted outing and share your findings!
    Halloween is my fave time of the season!


    Cheerio mates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •