General Question Cheddar Cheese

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I recently had to start warming Tuni' food up again (teething) and the other day I added a small sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top of her kibble....well now someone is spoiled and stands at the refrigerator at mealtime waiting for her cheese...yikes. Is is bad to give her a small sprinkle on top of her kibble at mealtime?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm waiting for the answer s well......we sprinkle cheddar on her food a lot

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
i'm waiting for the answer s well......we sprinkle cheddar on her food a lot

Tuni literally freaks out when she sees the bag...loves it that much. I've been trying to use it sparingly since I wasn't sure if it's okay or not.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
It should only be a problem if your dog is allergic to dairy. Read your label. There shouldn't be anything in the cheese except milk, enzymes (that turn it into cheese) and maybe some food coloring and salt. I don't know if any companies add a preservative but I'd avoid those on general principle anyway. I give my guys cheese all the time. I use string cheese to stick pill in if they are needed as an alternative to peanut butter.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I dont think a small sprinkle on their food hurts... unless there is an allergy issue as stated above. But, isn't cheese real fatty? Still a sprinkle wouldnt hurt.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
cheese is fine in general. Try opening a string cheese in this house. Brother! I have my 2 skin kids who beg on top of the 3 fur babies. I need 2 string cheese sticks to get a bite even. lol

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
My sweetie head doesn't handle meat protein very well so I often add cheese to her meals. She loves it.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I give cheese to my dogs so they can take his pill or when I'm eating it I give them a piece they love it

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i used to give sarah cheese with her pills till i realized she was allergic to it so i stopped but yes some cheese on their food should be ok.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Mine adore cheese! I had to start putting in the meat keeper because Zoey knew right where it was and ran off with a package in her mouth one day when I turned my back to pour some iced tea!

Most Reactions