Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should 7 week old puppy have diarrhea?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should 7 week old puppy have diarrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    The age a puppy needs to be when sold varies by state. Some have no regulation at all. I Googled a list of each stat's age regulation once but I don't have the link anymore.

I don't think she's talking LEGALLY...she's talking about what's best for the pups. 8 weeks is usually the minimum for them to be fully ready for their new homes.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw im glad your baby is doing better and yes i always thought people kept bullies till 8 weeks also but hes there now so keep us updated.

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I don't think she's talking LEGALLY...she's talking about what's best for the pups. 8 weeks is usually the minimum for them to be fully ready for their new homes.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that but old folks like me remember when the standard was 6 weeks. Many folks still go by that rule of thumb and are surprised that the current preferred age is 8 weeks. I could stand 12 weeks being the age to leave Mom. I think 8 is still too young in many ways.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Linus
    Likes (Received)

The age is a moot point because he is 8 weeks old now. I think I am going to take a break from here, which is a shame as this looked to be such a promising forum. I would like to thank those that have been kind and supportive, but I really can't take the judgemental scrutiny from some. I don't know if I am just being too sensitive or what, but I just really wanted to be with those that also have a bully, not feel like I have to defend myself from others.
    -thanks
    Trace

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
    The age is a moot point because he is 8 weeks old now. I think I am going to take a break from here, which is a shame as this looked to be such a promising forum. I would like to thank those that have been kind and supportive, but I really can't take the judgemental scrutiny from some. I don't know if I am just being too sensitive or what, but I just really wanted to be with those that also have a bully, not feel like I have to defend myself from others.
    -thanks
    Trace
    Trace, I wasn't judging you or anyone. Actually, I might have been defending the breeder for letting a pup under 8 weeks go. It wouldn't be your mistake anyway. It's up to the breeder to know that kind of stuff, not the new Mom.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on that but old folks like me remember when the standard was 6 weeks. Many folks still go by that rule of thumb and are surprised that the current preferred age is 8 weeks. I could stand 12 weeks being the age to leave Mom. I think 8 is still too young in many ways.

I'm an "old folks" too! Yup..I remember 6 weeks too, but I try to block that out! Lol
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 10-22-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
    -thanks
    Trace

Oooh..I'm sure no one meant it as judging you. It's hard to distinguish with the written word. Often one one men's as Avicenna can be construed as judging. Rest assured, you not get judged here. We are here to help and earn together. Nothing more..nothing less!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads