General Question Is Almond butter safe?

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have been putting peanut butter on Izzy's KONG and freezing it so I can give to her as her afternoon snack. Would almond butter also work for her? I am just wondering if it's safe to give ebd that. I have an organic jar that I bought from wholefoods that I hardly ever use. Any advice is welcomed!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
???? I have never heard that is wasn't safe. ??????

I just Googled it, there is no proof Almond Butter is not safe

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I googled too but just wanted to run this through all the bulldogs experts!!! :) I will try to use it tomorrow, she loves her frozen treats!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
BTW she loved it!!!!!! The best part was the smell of almonds in her mouth after! I am going to use my natural almond butter jar for her frozen treats! :) Once it's gone I will go back to peanut butter.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I keep reading about everyone stuffing and freezing their kongs, doesn't it make a huge mess when they play with it? Or do you give it to them outside?

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
not at all, I usually give her treat inside the house or even inside her crate and it's so frozen that she licks in time not to run and stain the carpet or the floor! I dont use a whole lot (maybe 1 tsp) but I also have the tire kong (picture below). I am not sure about honey and yogurt but peanut butter/almond butter sure gets really really hard when frozen.

Extreme-Traxx-700x700.jpg

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Both almond butter and peanut butter are high calorie treats (i feel like the food police lately) I don't think either are a problem in moderation, but more than 2tbs of peanut butter (a serving) is too much for a person each day, so I'd assume the same for a bully..

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Both almond butter and peanut butter are high calorie treats (i feel like the food police lately) I don't think either are a problem in moderation, but more than 2tbs of peanut butter (a serving) is too much for a person each day, so I'd assume the same for a bully..

Agree! Izzy still growing a lot and I control her calorie intake throughout the day. Days that she gets the kong treat she only eats 2 cups of food but I am keeping an eye and making sure I dont see gets lots of exercise. I am sure once she gets a little older I will not give as much peanut butter and find alternative treats such as green beans or yogurt.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.