Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I switched from Royal Canin when they were 7 months old, I put them on Fromms Puppy Gold, but because my female Blossom is allergic or sensitive to chicken, and that food is chicken based, I had to switch them. I put them on an adult food because they were 7 months old, and put them on Fromms Beef Fritata. It's been 2 months, and both my guys are doing really well on this food. I started giving them salmon oil on their food, and immediately Blossom had an allergic reaction , pink ears, pink face and chin, itchy, I had to give her a Benadryl, and have stopped giving her salmon oil. She improved immediately. i guess shes allergic to chicken and salmon, she also cant tolerate corn, and grains. if she keeps getting more allergies, i may have to look into getting her tested. I still give salmon oil to Bulldozer, and I will try either cod liver oil, or coconut oil, because I still want her to have the benefits of Omegas

DawgPoundBully

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel
I feed Orijen six fish formula and I had Nigel on the large breed formula as well. I get it from a few pet stores in the area but I mainly use Petland because the 7th bag is free. Not sure if you have a PetPeople in your area but they have a program where the 13th bag is free plus they have a points and rewards systems.

Take a look at the articles on this site about food and take your time doing research. You should make the switch slowly but start the process as soon as you bring the puppy home. Dogfoodadvisor.com and Dogfoodanalysis.com are great sites that helped me when I was doing research.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.