Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bully on Iams to ???

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Bully on Iams to ???

Quote Originally Posted by BullyDozer View Post
    Looks like I may be in luck. According to the Fromm website my local pet store (not a major chain) is a Fromm retailer.
    and Glad you joined us! Cant wait to see pictures of your new baby! THe current food Iams isnt a great food so maybe after a week of the pup being home you can switch. I wouldnt do it right away jusst to let them adjust. It should take about 2 weeks to switch foods completely has to be done slow. We decided after reading EBN food ratings that we were switching to Fromm and found a local pet store(family owned small store) that carried it. Its well worth it as the whole line has great products. Even if you use Petflow you get free shipping and can do scheduled deliveries when you set it up Fromm also has buy 12 bags get the 13th free. Ask your store to give you the envelope and you save the UPC codes
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

My Dozer is finally home. He got a little tough love from Sandy but he survived w/o any problems. Going outside in the sun should be easy now. One thing I have noticed is his breath. It has an awful smell. I am thinking it has to do with the Iams he is currently on. I plan on to start switching his food in about a week. I am hoping this will help. I'm going to try the Wellness Core no grain for puppies. My local store advertised they carried Fromm but actually never stocked it so I tried the Blue Buffalo Wilderness with my Pug and his allergies got worse so I am trying the Wellness Core for him too as I want to "try" and keep both of them on the same brand.

Here is some pics of him on his 1st day at home.
    -dozer-1st-day-jpg-dozer-1st-day-2-jpg

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I started Amber as a puppy on homemade food and if I have to go out of town and my husband is feeding her she gets blue buffalo can food. I feed her beef, chicken, livers, gizzards, pork, anything on sale with vegetables, eggs, beans and brown rice. I takes a little time but I have never had a problem with her; it takes trial and error sometimes to find out what works. Good luck.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I switched from Royal Canin when they were 7 months old, I put them on Fromms Puppy Gold, but because my female Blossom is allergic or sensitive to chicken, and that food is chicken based, I had to switch them. I put them on an adult food because they were 7 months old, and put them on Fromms Beef Fritata. It's been 2 months, and both my guys are doing really well on this food. I started giving them salmon oil on their food, and immediately Blossom had an allergic reaction , pink ears, pink face and chin, itchy, I had to give her a Benadryl, and have stopped giving her salmon oil. She improved immediately. i guess shes allergic to chicken and salmon, she also cant tolerate corn, and grains. if she keeps getting more allergies, i may have to look into getting her tested. I still give salmon oil to Bulldozer, and I will try either cod liver oil, or coconut oil, because I still want her to have the benefits of Omegas
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel
    Likes (Received)

I feed Orijen six fish formula and I had Nigel on the large breed formula as well. I get it from a few pet stores in the area but I mainly use Petland because the 7th bag is free. Not sure if you have a PetPeople in your area but they have a program where the 13th bag is free plus they have a points and rewards systems.

Take a look at the articles on this site about food and take your time doing research. You should make the switch slowly but start the process as soon as you bring the puppy home. Dogfoodadvisor.com and Dogfoodanalysis.com are great sites that helped me when I was doing research.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads