Thread: Mixing Orijen & TOTW

A bad BOY, not a girl! Become a 4 Paw Member LolasPuppet's Avatar
    Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the middle of Europe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Mixing Orijen & TOTW

Recently we slowly transitioned Lola's food from TOTW to Orijen, but during the transition I felt she responded the best right in the middle of transition, when she was fed 50% TOTW and 50% Orijen.
    Now she's on 100% Orijen, everything looks OK, however things like her poo looked even better right in the middle of this transition, when she was fed half-half.

So my main question is: can/should I start mixing it?

I heard it's not the best thing to do, but I want to hear it from y'all.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mixing Orijen & TOTW

I would just leave her on the 100% Orijen. Orijen has alot more protein and is much richer than TOTW so it will take her body a bit to adjust.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mixing Orijen & TOTW

Quote Originally Posted by LolasPuppet View Post
    Recently we slowly transitioned Lola's food from TOTW to Orijen, but during the transition I felt she responded the best right in the middle of transition, when she was fed 50% TOTW and 50% Orijen.
    Now she's on 100% Orijen, everything looks OK, however things like her poo looked even better right in the middle of this transition, when she was fed half-half.

So my main question is: can/should I start mixing it?

I heard it's not the best thing to do, but I want to hear it from y'all.
    I thought I was the only one who mixed and I use exactly what you do Orijen and TOTW.... We have zero poop issues. I was going to keep her just on Orijen and I felt I needed something a little lighter to cut it with. The Orijen is so strong smelling ( I use the original red) but that is just me. I have corresponded personally with the company and felt very good about their product but still decided to add something "less potent" I know feed Dublin a third less food than I used to and she is certainly full when done eating. Like you, I would love to hear from others on the site.

Remove Ads