General Question The Honest Kitchen

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Hi :) Has anyone used The Honest Kitchen food before? I was at the pet store yesterday and bought a sample box to add as a topper. Just wanted to see if anyone had success with this product.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have only read the reviews on it through Pet Flow. I don't know of anyone here that feeds this, but I could be wrong. Hang in there, someone will be along with info

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I have only read the reviews on it through Pet Flow. I don't know of anyone here that feeds this, but I could be wrong. Hang in there, someone will be along with info

Off the topic question for you...lol...where do you read reviews on petflow? That was one thing I couldn't find on there website!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Off the topic question for you...lol...where do you read reviews on petflow? That was one thing I couldn't find on there website!

If you click on the product, I first look at the ingredients and then go further by clicking on the product itself. Then I go even further by going to the products web site, that's where I find reviews. And my middle name is Google , I weed out and sort through everything to filter out a lot of crappage.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
If you click on the product, I first look at the ingredients and then go further by clicking on the product itself. Then I go even further by going to the products web site, that's where I find reviews. And my middle name is Google , I weed out and sort through everything to filter out a lot of crappage.

haha, gotcha :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherry's Google-fu is strong.

I'd be lost without, I hate Bing, can't find a thing on that search, I love love my Google, I use Google Chrome too. I wonder with such endorsement I could get a cut?:whistle:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I know a few yorkie owners that swore by the honest kitchen instead of conventional dog kibble. A friend sent me a sample once but my yorkie didn't care much for it. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you do end up trying it.

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
I love The Honest Kitchen!! I use Embark for my 5 year old pug that cannot eat kibble due to bladder stones and we have had amazing results with it... :) I have given it to Frankie for a taste and she LOVES it too!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't tried this ...... but would love to hear your feedback. I still am in love with my Fromm and right now it's working so well that we're not going to be changing it!! Still useful to know what's out there though!!! :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi :) Has anyone used The Honest Kitchen food before? I was at the pet store yesterday and bought a sample box to add as a topper. Just wanted to see if anyone had success with this product.

I use to work at a doggie daycare and we sold THK... those that used it LOVE it, we also used it when overnight dogs ran out of food... never had one turn it down. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I'm going to try my sample tomorrow! I'll let you all know how Tuni likes it and how she does with it. I kind of like the idea of it and I'm curious if she will eat better. It seems like she just likes her kibble okay....She doesn't run after her food bowl and I have to add a sprinkle of cheese on top for her to actually be interested in it :-/

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ive not used it but it gets really good reviews and they have ones now with more protein which i like better. we had someone here who fed it but cant remember who but they loved it. i have to many pets or id try it myself. well of course miss allergy cant have it but my bostons could.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So, she seemed to really like it...once she figured out what it was, lol. It's a little mushy... it seems like the longer you let it dehydrate and the hotter the water the better consistency you get. I mixed it with her Fromm kibble.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
cool keep us updated on how it goes in case others here want to try it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.