Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Puppy Food to Help Prevent Tear Stains

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Best Puppy Food to Help Prevent Tear Stains

Quote Originally Posted by bullyluv34 View Post
    Thank you both, @ CharlieFL, I should be getting the Chlorhexdrine pads in the mail today actually so I am actually going that route from your post that I read. Charlie, looks AMAZING!! Frankie, goes back to the vet this evening for her last round of puppy shots and her Rabbies shot and I am going to have him look at her eyelashes because her little eyes just water.. I am thinking an enviormental allergy though because I also have 2 pugs and my one pug (Yoda) has sever food and enviromental allergies, but he's all black so I just notice his hairloss and his itching he's on Earthborn Great Plains Feast but still scrathes away so predinsone every other day until its gone then more allergy testing

I will update tomorrow on what the Dr says about Frankie's

thank you all for your help!!
    Great keep us posted...
    also like I said you may try Nupro Gold Supplement. I already order mine and Im gonna do a review after I use it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

Update:
    Frankie's vet said no inner eyelashes and just use some visine allergy eyedrops, but she's doing great and looks awesome!
    Karen & Frankie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Major
    Likes (Received)

I think water is important too , when my mom keep major for a wk , she gave him filter water and he got tear stains. * I usually give him orzarka * natural spring water* to me I think that is best... gl

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I've had a lot of issues with my 2 babies and their food, the breeder had them on Royal Canin, I switched them to Go Natural when they were 6 months old, because of the corn and fillers in the Royal, Bulldozer was horrible on it, mushy mushy poops, and started to eat his poop. YUK! Switched them back to the Royal on the advice of my vet. Problem solved. My female Blossom, is the sensitive one, she is all white, and her eyes are always teary, she has pink ears, and her chin and face are pink and irritated. I kept researching and reading on this site about dog foods and nutrition, because I still wasn't 100% happy with the Royal Canin. After reading what others were feeding their dogs, I switched them at 8 months to Fromms puppy gold, they both did not do well on this food, so I switched them to the Fromms Beef Fritata, , both of them had soft stools , but not diarrhea for the first couple of days, but its been a week now, and both have normal stools. Dozer is doing fine on this food, and Blossom still has a bit of a pink face, but it seems to be improving. I'm going to stick with this food for a couple of weeks, and see if she improves, and if not, then I will put her back on the Go Natural Grain Free, and keep Dozer on the Fromms. Once I know that they are both tolerating their foods , then I'm going to try home cooking, from Desertskybulldogs recipe , and alternate them on kibble and home cooked. I'll keep you posted on how they do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads