Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about Hi-Tek ingredients

yes with bullies its a process of elimination as to what could be causing it. i hope cutting out the chicken works.

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I gave her the bland diet of beef and rice this morning. Boy, did she love that! But then again....she loves to eat everything.

Thanks for the gift, Cowsmom! :-)

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

This is weird. The bag of food I received has a slightly different list of ingredients than what they advertised on Amazon. Turns out it doesn't have any chicken at all. Here are the ingredients in the bag that I got.....

Lamb Meal, Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Pork Meal, Canola Oil (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Duck Meal, Egg, Salmon Meal, Ground Sage, Ground Basil, Flaxseed, Sea Salt, Tomato, Blueberry, Raspberry, Choline Chloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Bifido Bacterium Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Source of Vitamin B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B5), Citric Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Oxide, Selenium Yeast, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.

It has canola oil in the place where chicken meal should be. Is canola oil an ok ingredient?
    Last edited by Deestar; 12-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i have found that sometimes they change ingredients and other sites that sell it dont change theirs also could have just been a misprint. well i have heard alot of back and forth on this canola oil issue and whether it is good for your pet or not. i would probably feed something with it in it but its a personal choice for sure. just watch as there does seem to be alot of carbs before the meat so you would want to watch for yeast in your bully.

Real Name
    Dee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I actually have started to switch her back to the Wellness that she was on at one time. I already notice that she's not licking her paws anymore. I guess it was the potatoes. Thanks for the help!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deestar View Post
    I actually have started to switch her back to the Wellness that she was on at one time. I already notice that she's not licking her paws anymore. I guess it was the potatoes. Thanks for the help!
    Glad to hear its getting better.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads