General Question Things Bulldogs Can't Eat

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Garlic falls in to the same category as avocado...in small amounts it can be beneficial.

Really I was under the understanding that garlic was like chocolate? If so good to know so I don't need to be as paranoid when cooking and chopping garlic in the kitchen while someone is hovering at my feet.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Really I was under the understanding that garlic was like chocolate? If so good to know so I don't need to be as paranoid when cooking and chopping garlic in the kitchen while someone is hovering at my feet.

No need to panic!
"Garlic for dogs as well as for human health is an excellent antibiotic and immune booster. It can stop and prevent infections, has been known to ward off fleas and ticks, and can be used for a variety of infectious skin ailments."

But only as a regimen and low dosage for a short period of time. Maybe in the winter time to boost immune system.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
No need to panic!
"Garlic for dogs as well as for human health is an excellent antibiotic and immune booster. It can stop and prevent infections, has been known to ward off fleas and ticks, and can be used for a variety of infectious skin ailments."

But only as a regimen and low dosage for a short period of time. Maybe in the winter time to boost immune system.

Awesome, thanks for the 411!!!!!!!!!!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena

Garlic helps keep away vampires too :halloween6::halloween6:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Hooves or rawhide?? but arent alot of the chew products made from them? Why cant they have rawhide?

Not only a choking hazard, once they get it in their stomach's it hard to digest, and can cause blockage - not just bullies... I wouldnt give any dog rawhide.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I dont' agree with the avocado or the garlic either .... and I've never heard of the soy one??? :crazy:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Acorns. Ellie got sick twice last weekend from eating acorns that had fallen all over the back yard. :barf: I try to catch them, but when your back yard is nothing but woods, can't get them all.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Acorns. Ellie got sick twice last weekend from eating acorns that had fallen all over the back yard. :barf: I try to catch them, but when your back yard is nothing but woods, can't get them all.

Thank you!!! That post just reminded me .... pine cones/fir cones ............. serious projectile diahorrea after eating some of those!!!! :bang:

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
I think hotdogs would be bad due to salt intake, this is what i've found about hotdogs Common hot dog ingredients include
  • Meat trimmings and fat
  • Flavorings, such as salt, garlic, and paprika
  • Preservatives (cure) - typically sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite
Pork and beef are the traditional meats used in hot dogs. Less expensive hot dogs are often made from chicken or turkey. Hot dogs often have high sodium, fat and nitrite content, ingredients linked to health problems. Changes in meat technology and dietary preferences have led manufacturers to use turkey, chicken, vegetarian meat substitutes, and to lower the salt content.

I use hotdogs as training treats, i nuke them just before they get burnt and cut them into small pieces. So they only get no where's close to even quarter of a hotdog.
As for avocado's i think it would be the high fat content but i know the high fat content is actually the "good" fat. I would think they shouldn't eat the leaves and pit.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.