Other As if Hills Science Diet could not get any worse....

Rusty

Aug 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rusty
Going to send this article to my vets. She is very good with food in general. But i did see Hills for sale...:barf:

I am going through some trouble with my English Bulldog Max. Currently, about a month ago, he was shedding badly. My family and I showed all of our shampoos that we use for him. The one shampoo is Hartz Groomer's Best Oatmeal shampoo... Now I've heard many things about if a bulldog is allergic to eating oats, it still doesn't matter about oat shampoo?

Here are the foods our vet recommends for our bulldog to eat...

Purina (HA Hypoallergenic)
Hill's (z/d Canine Ultra) Yes, read stuff that's got me worried a bit...
Natural Balance (Bison & Sweet Patato) Currently read there's a recall on it even though it was said no dog was reported to be harmed.
Alpha Strips (Venison Livers/Hearts
Royal Canin (Sensitivty RC 21)

Now, Max was recommended since little to eat Science Diet, I've read and read and trying to convince my family Science Diet is no good even though vets have said it's good...
I'm just really disappointed and frustrated because I don't know what are the best food brands for our English Bulldogs...
Again below is the copy of Max's results....

All the help like always, will be highly appreciated everyone, thanks!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am going through some trouble with my English Bulldog Max. Currently, about a month ago, he was shedding badly. My family and I showed all of our shampoos that we use for him. The one shampoo is Hartz Groomer's Best Oatmeal shampoo... Now I've heard many things about if a bulldog is allergic to eating oats, it still doesn't matter about oat shampoo?

Here are the foods our vet recommends for our bulldog to eat...

Purina (HA Hypoallergenic)
Hill's (z/d Canine Ultra) Yes, read stuff that's got me worried a bit...
Natural Balance (Bison & Sweet Patato) Currently read there's a recall on it even though it was said no dog was reported to be harmed.
Alpha Strips (Venison Livers/Hearts
Royal Canin (Sensitivty RC 21)

Now, Max was recommended since little to eat Science Diet, I've read and read and trying to convince my family Science Diet is no good even though vets have said it's good...
I'm just really disappointed and frustrated because I don't know what are the best food brands for our English Bulldogs...
Again below is the copy of Max's results....

All the help like always, will be highly appreciated everyone, thanks!!!

Sadly..all those brands aren't very good foods. Natural Balance I know a lot of people like that brand. Let's ask [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] ...she's the best with food.

Have you checked out the Dog Food Ratings Page? Read a bit and she your family. It's amazing what they put in Dog Food!

Rusty

Aug 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rusty

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: that's just wrong how could they do this they shouldn't be allowed to make dog food just disgusting!!

Rusty

Aug 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rusty
Ya, he's allergic to oats and barley so when you sent me has that in the ingredients...

pigbaxterboo

Oct 16, 2011
Portland,Dorset,UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter and George
:cursing::cursing: can't stand Hill's. breaks my heart to hear about people choosing to feed their pets science plan, I'm sure there are more complaints on this site about Hill's than any other manufacturer

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/science_diet.html

I know most of the stories on there are people's experiences, but can't be just a coincidence that the majority seem related in their illnesses :(

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
What a shame and what a betrayal of consumer trust. My mom uses this stuff for her dog and what gets me the most about it is she believes she's spending more to give her dog a better life. Many, many people don't know the difference. Terrible.

Most Reactions