General Question Home cooking question

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I was thinking about trying to do some home cooking for Lily.
For those that do home cooking how much do you give each feeding?
And how often do you feed?
I just don't want to over feed Lily.

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I give about 1 cup (adults) 2 x a day but cut back a bit because they were starting to thicken a bit :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I feed Tate about 1.5 cup of the mixture twice a day. The mixture consists of combination of meat (beef or chicken), rice or pasta, green beans, and black or kidney beans. He hasn't gained wt since being on it, in fact at his weigh in last week, he was 2lbs lighter.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby gets about a cup and a half twice a day and she is still a tiny little thing :)

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I do about a 1-1/2 twice a day for my Zoey. For my foster bully, she gets more because she came to us pretty thin. Zoey is perfect weight with a defined waist. I can't give her any grains or pastas so I'm sure that helps as far as gaining weight. She is so much healthier now that she is eating this way.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I do about a 1-1/2 twice a day for my Zoey. For my foster bully, she gets more because she came to us pretty thin. Zoey is perfect weight with a defined waist. I can't give her any grains or pastas so I'm sure that helps as far as gaining weight. She is so much healthier now that she is eating this way.

You know I was wondering if the rice or pasta could add extra weight. This is all new to me..
Can I ask what you feed Zoey?
Maybe I can do veggies & meat instead of rice or pasta.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I do beef, pork, or venison cooked up with 2-3 different types of veggies. Usually what is on sale for the week. I keep the recipe at about a 70% meat ratio to 30% veggies. She has so many allergies including chicken and grains that this is the only mixture her skin will tolerate. Her allergies are gone now and the tear stains cleared up. It wasn't overnight, but about a month into it she was all cleared up. Hope it works out for you!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Ambers food is meat, mix vegetables and most of the time I use potatoes (sweet potatoes if possible). She gets feed twice daily, morning and evening. In between she gets beef jerky and sweet potatoes as snacks. I bake full bags of sweet potatoes and put them in the freeze. She loves chewing on frozed sweet potatoes. The potatoes in her food are usually quartered or shredded depending on how much time I have available.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Ambers food is meat, mix vegetables and most of the time I use potatoes (sweet potatoes if possible). She gets feed twice daily, morning and evening. In between she gets beef jerky and sweet potatoes as snacks. I bake full bags of sweet potatoes and put them in the freeze. She loves chewing on frozed sweet potatoes. The potatoes in her food are usually quartered or shredded depending on how much time I have available.

Thanks so much for the info!
How old is Amber & how much do you give her twice a day?
Lily is 9 months and I just want to make sure that I do not over feed her!!
I'm not sure of the amount to give her.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber gets 1 and 1/4 cups in the morning and the same in the evening. So, all total about 2 and 1/2 cups daily and if she has been really active with our daughter we give her a little more in the evening, maybe 1 and 1/2 cups. She is 10 months old and weighs 49 pounds. She has good definition with a nice waist definition. If she is hunger in the evening hours she will drag her bowl around and I go get a frozen sweet potato and give it to her. I watch her stools because when she was going through a growth spurt I wasn't real sure how much to feed her but the stool will tell you. Feeding to much they will have lose stools, hers are nice and firm. Good luck and I do watch the amount of beef jerky I give her because too much will make the stool lose too. Also add some salmon oil to the food or put salmon in it for the nice shiney coat.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.