General Question Food for 3 mo old puppy

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], do you I should cut down from 2 cups a day? We are now also adding a tbsp of yogurt per meal. She is also taking a probiotic since last Friday.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], do you I should cut down from 2 cups a day? We are now also adding a tbsp of yogurt per meal. She is also taking a probiotic since last Friday.

That is always my first suggestion. Even just 1/4 c too much can cause very yucky poops. It is because their digestive systems are very immature. Try cutting back 1/4 cup a day and see what happens. If you see and improvement adjust again in a couple of days. Sometimes you will see it better almost immediately, or it can take a couple of days. Then adjust to what the poop tells you. They should be soft but log like.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
@desertskybulldog; is it time to change food? We started giving her 3/4 of Fromm Beef and eliminated her treat and her poop hardened. The issue is anytime we give have more than 3/4 of food (1.5 cups total) her poop gets real soft (like apple sauce). Been two weeks now and though she is gaining weight because she is growing her ribs are really starting to show and she looks real skinny. I want to feed her more but I'm afraid to because of her soft stool.

What should I do? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350086342.703415.jpg

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I've had great results with Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream with both my adult bullys and my pup. Nice firm poop, no allergy issues. the "adult' version was all life stages until they came out with the puppy formula earlier this year and is slightly lower in protein than the puppy version. I don't think that's a bad idea with bullys anyway. I was using it before I got my pup and the breeder uses it as well so it's the only food he's ever known. His only "issue" is tear stains so far. He's 14.75 weeks old and 27 pounds.Zam 10-13-12 27 pounds.jpg I just cut him back to 2.5 cups per day since I don't want him to get fat but we weren't having the soft poop problem.

Last edited: