USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loves Bacon View Post
    Everyone,

We might be switching from Beef frittata. She started having diarrhea 4 days after she completely switched from her beef and rice. We opted to do the fecal PCR which is suppose to be a more sensitive and broader test for Bacon to find out what could be causing her poop issues. Test came back negative so the vet is stumped. The only thing he could think of is the food. I already sent cowsmom and message and hopefully she can give me some ideas of food and treats to try. Currently she's on Fromm beef Frittata and Charlie Bear for treats.
    Any idea or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    Always my number one question.... How much are you feeding per day?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stoagie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food for 3 mo old puppy

Everyone,

We might be switching from Beef frittata. She started having diarrhea 4 days after she completely switched from her beef and rice. We opted to do the fecal PCR which is suppose to be a more sensitive and broader test for Bacon to find out what could be causing her poop issues. Test came back negative so the vet is stumped. The only thing he could think of is the food. I already sent cowsmom and message and hopefully she can give me some ideas of food and treats to try. Currently she's on Fromm beef Frittata and Charlie Bear for treats.
    Any idea or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    My Stoagie will be 4 months on the 4th of Oct. and we have him on Fromm puppy GOLD and will keep him on that until he is about 6 months old from the advise of our breeder, all of her dogs are in great health so I trust her judgment. His poop as never given us any issues except now there are carrots in it due to his new addiction of the veggie. lol. We feed him 3 times a day. I hope this helps [:
    The two loves of my life fart and snore like crazy....what does that say about me??? ;D
    *Daniel.Sabina.Stoagie*

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

We feed her two cups a day. An she is 17 lbs as of today.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs, do you I should cut down from 2 cups a day? We are now also adding a tbsp of yogurt per meal. She is also taking a probiotic since last Friday.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@desertskybulldogs, do you I should cut down from 2 cups a day? We are now also adding a tbsp of yogurt per meal. She is also taking a probiotic since last Friday.
    That is always my first suggestion. Even just 1/4 c too much can cause very yucky poops. It is because their digestive systems are very immature. Try cutting back 1/4 cup a day and see what happens. If you see and improvement adjust again in a couple of days. Sometimes you will see it better almost immediately, or it can take a couple of days. Then adjust to what the poop tells you. They should be soft but log like.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I will, thank you.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldog; is it time to change food? We started giving her 3/4 of Fromm Beef and eliminated her treat and her poop hardened. The issue is anytime we give have more than 3/4 of food (1.5 cups total) her poop gets real soft (like apple sauce). Been two weeks now and though she is gaining weight because she is growing her ribs are really starting to show and she looks real skinny. I want to feed her more but I'm afraid to because of her soft stool.

What should I do?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350086342-703415-jpg

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food for 3 mo old puppy

I've had great results with Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream with both my adult bullys and my pup. Nice firm poop, no allergy issues. the "adult' version was all life stages until they came out with the puppy formula earlier this year and is slightly lower in protein than the puppy version. I don't think that's a bad idea with bullys anyway. I was using it before I got my pup and the breeder uses it as well so it's the only food he's ever known. His only "issue" is tear stains so far. He's 14.75 weeks old and 27 pounds.-zam-10-13-12-27-pounds-jpg I just cut him back to 2.5 cups per day since I don't want him to get fat but we weren't having the soft poop problem.
    Last edited by linwhite; 10-12-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads