General Question Fromm 4 star

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
hello fellow bully parents, I am wondering when to switch Champs food from Blue Wilderness puppy to a Fromm 4 star diet. He is 3 months old, I want to get him off of wilderness because his poop isnt exactly the texture Id like it to be, although he doesnt seem to get any tears from his current food. Anyhow I read that fromm is an all stage diet and was just looking for guidance as to when I can switch. Thanks!

Also I was probably going to buy a few 4 or 5 lb. bags Beef Frittata and Surf and Turf are for sure, but as far as regular 4 star any recomendations maybe porkchop and apple sauce, Chicken or Salmon a la Veg..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You can start a slow switch at any time. Fromm is an All Stage Food. Meaning from Puppies to Adults.Just go slow over a 10 day period and I would start with the beef. A lot of Bully's have issues with chicken and Surf n Turf has chicken in it! Let us know if you need help with the transition!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
You could switch aat anytime now :) As [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said you need to slow transition to new food. I dont remember the amounts right now :blink: my brain isnt working lol I would only do 1 flavor at a time just in case he has a reaction you know which one...I would try Beef Frittata first as most bullies do good with it. During the transition if youn notice softer poop cut back new food nd you can add some canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Fromm also does by 12 bags get 1 free :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If the poo's texture isnt to your liking.. it may be because you are overfeeding. (another topic). ;) Normally, and I'd confirm this with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], they don't switch puppies to an all stages food til they are at least 6 or more months old.

OP
I

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
ok i dont think im over feeding him with the blue wilderness, he gets maybe 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 cups a day and hes fed twice a day, the wilderness has chicken in it though so maybe this could be why his poop is soft.

OP
I

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
anybody know any petflow codes.. i was on yesterday and saw one for 5 off plus free shipping, today its just free shipping 49+

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have known people who have put their dogs on all stages food at 3 months but i think most like to wait till a bit later before doing that. you could try cutting that back to 2 cups a day and see if it helps. wilderness is good food and sometimes you dont need as much. if you do switch i would go with beef fritatta and do a slow switch as described above.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and would cut back a little on his food to see it that firms up his poop some. Plus I used to wait on switching puppy food but if you are going to FROMM you can switch now because it is an all stage food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just wanted to add food for thought... (pun intended!)

Even 1/4 c too much can cause runny poos... And also treats!! What kind of treats do you give and how often?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We love the Fromm 4* range .... personally, the chicken did not work for us. Maggie broke out in hives, interdigtal cysts, ear infections and all kinds of stuff when I decided to try the chicken flavour. However, she always did ok when it just had a small amount of chicken in so all the other flavours were fine.

Daddy, Linus and Bella do not seem to have any chicken "problems" but I am still hesitant to try the chicken flavour ever again even though Maggie has now sadly left us.

Oveall, the Beef Frittata seemed to give the best results .... less gas!!!! :fart:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I switched my guy at 4 months and he did great. We went to Fromms grain free beef frittata and add a little variety by changing to surf & turf or tunalina every month or so. I love that I can switch the flavors without tummy issues. We haven't tried the brand that you are feeding now, but it seems like it may be a bit too much food for his age and that could be causing the Poo problems. My pup is 9 months, weighs right at 50 lbs and only gets 2 cups total a day plus occasional treats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We switched molly around 4 months also.... she HATES it. We've tried about 4 flavors and we have to force her to eat. Her tear stains cleared up... and she smells good... but she does not like the taste: (

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.