General Question Kirkland dog food

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Has anyone tried this? We looked at their grain free dog food last time we were there. It's much less than the Fromm we have. Is this food any good?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yoooo...whoooo.... [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If I remember right, it's a 3 or 4 star. I know people who use the salmon with their Bully and are very pleased. It's much less expensive. I believe it's on our ratings page and you can check out Dog food Advisor too!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=5168]Mountainlover[/MENTION] ok well normally i would say its ok food and ive known people to feed it to their pets and they did well on it and its not very expensive. however apparently this dog food is made by diamond pet foods which just recently had a recall in their south carolina plant due to salmonella.

Updated May 18, 2012

Dry dog food manufactured in Diamond Pet Foods' Gaston, South Carolina production plant has been linked to at least 14 cases of Salmonella Infantis infections in 9 states, according to a May 3, 2012 report from CDC. Confirmed outbreak cases have been documented in Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1). Five people were hospitalized.

Diamond Pet Foods has recalled nine brands of dry pet food formulas that were manufactured in Gaston. All batches manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 are affected.

there were several kinds of kirkland dog food listed in this recall. 6 in fact. this is not the first recall of diamond manufacturing. For me i would not feed my pets anything made by them but i know there are some here who still use taste of the wild made by them and arent having trouble. its up to you really.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
@Mountainlover ok well normally i would say its ok food and ive known people to feed it to their pets and they did well on it and its not very expensive. however apparently this dog food is made by diamond pet foods which just recently had a recall in their south carolina plant due to salmonella.

Updated May 18, 2012

Dry dog food manufactured in Diamond Pet Foods' Gaston, South Carolina production plant has been linked to at least 14 cases of Salmonella Infantis infections in 9 states, according to a May 3, 2012 report from CDC. Confirmed outbreak cases have been documented in Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1). Five people were hospitalized.

Diamond Pet Foods has recalled nine brands of dry pet food formulas that were manufactured in Gaston. All batches manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 are affected.

there were several kinds of kirkland dog food listed in this recall. 6 in fact. this is not the first recall of diamond manufacturing. For me i would not feed my pets anything made by them but i know there are some here who still use taste of the wild made by them and arent having trouble. its up to you really.

Thanks! I didn't realize it was made by Diamond foods. Our dogs used to eat TOTW until the recall.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.