Thread: Kirkland dog food

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Kirkland dog food

Has anyone tried this? We looked at their grain free dog food last time we were there. It's much less than the Fromm we have. Is this food any good?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kirkland dog food

yoooo...whoooo.... @cowsmom
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

If I remember right, it's a 3 or 4 star. I know people who use the salmon with their Bully and are very pleased. It's much less expensive. I believe it's on our ratings page and you can check out Dog food Advisor too!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Mountainlover ok well normally i would say its ok food and ive known people to feed it to their pets and they did well on it and its not very expensive. however apparently this dog food is made by diamond pet foods which just recently had a recall in their south carolina plant due to salmonella.

Updated May 18, 2012

Dry dog food manufactured in Diamond Pet Foods' Gaston, South Carolina production plant has been linked to at least 14 cases of Salmonella Infantis infections in 9 states, according to a May 3, 2012 report from CDC. Confirmed outbreak cases have been documented in Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1). Five people were hospitalized.

[replacer_a] has recalled nine brands of dry pet food formulas that were manufactured in Gaston. All batches manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 are affected.

there were several kinds of kirkland dog food listed in this recall. 6 in fact. this is not the first recall of diamond manufacturing. For me i would not feed my pets anything made by them but i know there are some here who still use taste of the wild made by them and arent having trouble. its up to you really.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    @Mountainlover ok well normally i would say its ok food and ive known people to feed it to their pets and they did well on it and its not very expensive. however apparently this dog food is made by diamond pet foods which just recently had a recall in their south carolina plant due to salmonella.

Updated May 18, 2012

Dry dog food manufactured in Diamond Pet Foods' Gaston, South Carolina production plant has been linked to at least 14 cases of Salmonella Infantis infections in 9 states, according to a May 3, 2012 report from CDC. Confirmed outbreak cases have been documented in Alabama (1), Connecticut (1), Michigan (1), Missouri (3), North Carolina (3), New Jersey (1), Ohio (2), Pennsylvania (1), and Virginia (1). Five people were hospitalized.

[replacer_a] has recalled nine brands of dry pet food formulas that were manufactured in Gaston. All batches manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 are affected.

there were several kinds of kirkland dog food listed in this recall. 6 in fact. this is not the first recall of diamond manufacturing. For me i would not feed my pets anything made by them but i know there are some here who still use taste of the wild made by them and arent having trouble. its up to you really.
    Thanks! I didn't realize it was made by Diamond foods. Our dogs used to eat TOTW until the recall.

Remove Ads