Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 19 of 19

Thread: Feeding question?!?!

  1. #13
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Brutus is on Fromm and gets about 3 cups a day maybe a little more at 15 mnths...At 8 mnths he was eating almost 4 cups a day...You can increase a little bit and if his poo gets soft go back to what you were feeding...
    @ chanelnbrutus...Kind of curious about why you said if you increase a little bit and his poo gets soft go back? Raven likes to eat once a day and I feed her almost two cups of food. Recently I noticed if my son measures out her two cups (seeing as he has a heavy hand) her poo gets a bit squishy. I know she is fine on the food because we haven't had any issues. Recently I was wondering if the soft poo is related to how much she is eating. I feed her merricks b4 grain so we know it's high in protein.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  2. #14
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    @ chanelnbrutus...Kind of curious about why you said if you increase a little bit and his poo gets soft go back? Raven likes to eat once a day and I feed her almost two cups of food. Recently I noticed if my son measures out her two cups (seeing as he has a heavy hand) her poo gets a bit squishy. I know she is fine on the food because we haven't had any issues. Recently I was wondering if the soft poo is related to how much she is eating. I feed her merricks b4 grain so we know it's high in protein.
    Yes sometimes when they eat too much it causes soft poo. Thats how we knew it was time to start cutting back a little on his food b/c hos poops were getting soft. Once we cut back 1/2 cup it firmed right up. I always fed my critters 2x a day even my pitbull. If she is okay with 2 cups maybe try 1 in the am and 1 in the pm to split it up. I am not sure about feeding under 2 cups a day. If her tummy is used to a certain amount going over that just a little could cause soft poop.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  3. #15
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    @ chanelnbrutus...Kind of curious about why you said if you increase a little bit and his poo gets soft go back? Raven likes to eat once a day and I feed her almost two cups of food. Recently I noticed if my son measures out her two cups (seeing as he has a heavy hand) her poo gets a bit squishy. I know she is fine on the food because we haven't had any issues. Recently I was wondering if the soft poo is related to how much she is eating. I feed her merricks b4 grain so we know it's high in protein.
    Just be sure it's a "measuring cup" cup, not a "coffee or mug" cup

  4. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    Just be sure it's a "measuring cup" cup, not a "coffee or mug" cup
    I need to check it. I have a scoop that I purchased from Petco. I am frustrated because her poo is soft.

    @chanelinbrutus...I noticed lately she is really gassy. Thinking and wondering if maybe the Merrick's b4 grain has too much protein. I do remember if something is too much protein it can also cause the poo issue. What are you feeding? When we got her the breeder was feeding her eukanuba and once we changed her off the nasty gass stopped. I noticed it's back. I feel like I need a gas mask when she poos, she kills me at night with the gas when I am sleeping.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  5. #17
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    I need to check it. I have a scoop that I purchased from Petco. I am frustrated because her poo is soft.

    @chanelinbrutus...I noticed lately she is really gassy. Thinking and wondering if maybe the Merrick's b4 grain has too much protein. I do remember if something is too much protein it can also cause the poo issue. What are you feeding? When we got her the breeder was feeding her eukanuba and once we changed her off the nasty gass stopped. I noticed it's back. I feel like I need a gas mask when she poos, she kills me at night with the gas when I am sleeping.
    We used to feed Brutus Solid gold lamb/rice decent food but he had horrible gas, and soft serve...We switched to Fromm and everything stopped...He will fart here and there depending what treats he got. Not from foood
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  6. #18
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    We used to feed Brutus Solid gold lamb/rice decent food but he had horrible gas, and soft serve...We switched to Fromm and everything stopped...He will fart here and there depending what treats he got. Not from foood
    Which one of the Fromm? Not sure which to try. I would have to order it. The local place carries a million foods, sadly not Fromm.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

  7. #19
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Feeding question?!?!

    PetFlow is a great place to order. You can use a code from EBN and get free shipping over $49. I stared with Beef Frittata Grain Free and couldnt be happier. I love Fromm b/c you caan freely switch their flavors with no transition. Maybe try giving her the bland diet for a daay or two and see how her poop gets. Keep me posted
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •