Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I have been researching, questioning, reading, and switching my babies food. They came from the Breeders on Royal Canin , but wanted to switch to a better food , tried Go natural, my female did well on it, Dozer not so much, he got diarrhea and started eating his stools. Switched back to the Royal, that was when they were 6 months old, they are both 8 months old now, and I just switched to Fromms Gold Puppy, Bulldozer has not had any problems, and I thought he would be the one, but Blossom, got really loose stools, not diarrhea , and had 2 poop accidents in her crate, as well as she was peeing a lot, she also had 3 pee accidents in the crate yesterday. After 3 baths yesterday, and 3 crate cleanings, and giving her benedryl last night, and also staying up with her until 4 am this morning, I am so happy to say that on day 3 of the new food, Blossom just had her 1st normal bowel movement, no longer mushy. Yeah. Still going to the vet today for her follow up on her eye after cherry eye surgery, so I will mention the excess peeing, just in case it is a bladder infection, and not just the food.. Just to make sure. But I think we have a new food for both of them ( Fromms) that they both tolerate. I will keep them on the puppy formula until they are a year old, just because they have been on Royal Canin, and I want to make sure they get the best nutrients, then I will put them on Fromms Beef Frittata .

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone, I have been researching, questioning, reading, and switching my babies food. They came from the Breeders on Royal Canin , but wanted to switch to a better food , tried Go natural, my female did well on it, Dozer not so much, he got diarrhea and started eating his stools. Switched back to the Royal, that was when they were 6 months old, they are both 8 months old now, and I just switched to Fromms Gold Puppy, Bulldozer has not had any problems, and I thought he would be the one, but Blossom, got really loose stools, not diarrhea , and had 2 poop accidents in her crate, as well as she was peeing a lot, she also had 3 pee accidents in the crate yesterday. After 3 baths yesterday, and 3 crate cleanings, and giving her benedryl last night, and also staying up with her until 4 am this morning, I am so happy to say that on day 3 of the new food, Blossom just had her 1st normal bowel movement, no longer mushy. Yeah. Still going to the vet today for her follow up on her eye after cherry eye surgery, so I will mention the excess peeing, just in case it is a bladder infection, and not just the food.. Just to make sure. But I think we have a new food for both of them ( Fromms) that they both tolerate. I will keep them on the puppy formula until they are a year old, just because they have been on Royal Canin, and I want to make sure they get the best nutrients, then I will put them on Fromms Beef Frittata .

Great news... it takes time, but it will be well worth it in the long run

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah thank you all for reading my blogs, and for your comments, every bit of information helps, especially if we all share our information with each other. I had Blossom, at the vet tonight, and told her what was happening, and that I had changed their food, she was happy with the Fromms, and said to just keep an eye on her, to give it about a week, and if she still seems to not tolerating it well , then I will put her back on the Go Natural Grain free, and I will leave Dozer on the Fromms, hopefully they will both be able to eat the same food , but if not it won't be a big deal, as they eat separate from each other, otherwise Blossom inhales her food, and then steals her brothers food. It's no different than if you had two cchildren and one had a food allergy, or intolerance, or even a dislike to a certain food, you would accommodate each child accordingly, and change their diets, to best suit their needs, my babies are no different. Good news was Blossom doesn't have a blader infection, but 3 weeks after fixing her right eye for cherry eye, the left eye popped out on Friday, so we booked her for surgery on Nov 9 th to fix the left eye. Was hoping we had dodged that bullet and she wouldn't get it in the other eye, but 3 months after the first one came out, her other eye popped out. So we have to fix, it and make it her eye pretty again.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
And certainly we all have an opinion.
RC fits the needs of many bulldogs as well as many other breeds, not only here in the USA, but is very common in Europe.

As for McD's, again...all opinions are listed. Some are valid.

Good Day~
yes we all are entitled to our opinion and thats what this forum is for no need to be like that. personally i think rc is crap to if you read the ingredients and that they should get their dogs onto something else. sarah did horrible on it also. maybe if they mixed in something like yogurt or something to both foods it would help

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.