Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 34

Thread: Royal Canin

  1. #13
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jack Daniels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    I love McDonalds...

    Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleso nionsonasesameseedbun.
    But hold the special sauce...!
    -jack-jpg

  2. #14
    Lucy-licious
    Guest

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I love McDonalds...

    Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleso nionsonasesameseedbun.
    But hold the special sauce...!
    I will second that with extra special sauce

  3. #15
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    I love McDonalds...

    Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepickleso nionsonasesameseedbun.
    But hold the special sauce...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    I will second that with extra special sauce


    Okay..is THIS based on OPINION or merely taste...or maybe ... FACTS!

    Obviously..one man's opinion is another's fact!



  4. #16
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I'm sorry, but that was totally uncalled for.

    RC fits the needs of many bulldogs just as Beneful fits the needs of many dogs, but that doesn't mean it's a quality food. Just because your vet sells you something doesn't earn it the quality label. We have a dog food ratings list here on EBN that lists foods in order of quality ingredients. I believe that list is based many years of experience with BULLDOGS. But you're right, maybe that list isn't scientific enough to validate our "opinions". So lets look elsewhere ok?

    Dog Food Adviser's website lists it as a 4 star food and their data IS scientific. Oddly enough, only the Starter line warrants a rating. Dog Food Adviser states

    "Judging by its ingredients alone, Royal Canin Starter appears to be an average dry dog food.
    But ingredient quality by itself cannot tell the whole story. We still need to estimate the product’s meat content before determining a final rating.
    The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 32%, a fat level of 23% and estimated carbohydrates of about 38%.
    As a group, the brand features an average protein content of 32% and a mean fat level of 23%. Together, these figures suggest acarbohydrate content of 38% for the overall product line. And a fat-to-protein ratio of about 72%.
    Above-average protein. Above-average fat. And below-average carbs when compared to a typical dry dog food.

    When you consider the protein-boosting effect of the wheat gluten, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a moderate amount of meat.
    Bottom line?
    Royal Canin Starter is a plant-based kibble using a moderate amount of chicken meal as its main source of animal protein, thus earning the brand 4 stars. "

    Or, if you prefer, we could go to the department of consumer affairs to read what actual users say. For every site that you show me that show's it is a great food choice, I can show you one that says it isnt. Just because someone's opinion differs than yours doesn't make it less valid. It makes it DIFFERENT and doesn't deserve to be called anything other than that. And you know what? Sometimes other peoples opinions are RIGHT and yours is the wrong one.

    People come here because they need advise. @JAKEISGREAT gave hers. She didn't deserve to be attacked for it. I personally VALUE her opinions, experience and insight and even IF I disagree with something she says, I still consider her opinions no less VALID than my own.


    NOW... back on topic...

    I've found that mixing chicken broth works great when trying to get them to eat something new

  5. #17
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sheila's Avatar
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    943
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    @Twice well said, @JAKEISGREAT I know I should eat lean proteins, low glycemic index carbs and nutrient rich veggies, but dang it- I love in-n-out burgers! Lol! And I know I shouldn't drink 1/8th the amount of alcohol I do, but I still do it.

    I personally fed RC before I realized the ingredients were crap. Switched to a better food and tear stains and mushy poops went away. RC bulldog is not any more formulated for bulldogs than pudding is specially formulated for Bill Cosby.

    As for getting pups to eat stuff they don't like-plain yogurt, chicken or beef broth (no sodium), pumpkin purée (no spices), or cottage cheese have been successful for me.

    Good luck!

  6. #18
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sheila's Avatar
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    943
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I also put coconut oil on butler's food. He likes it and his nose, coat, and paw pads are soft!

  7. #19
    Lucy-licious
    Guest

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Okay..is THIS based on OPINION or merely taste...or maybe ... FACTS!

    Obviously..one man's opinion is another's fact!


    Obviously based on scientific evidence...McDonald's contains lots of sugar, salts and fats....the body naturally craves these substances...why deny the body those things it craves??
    i tend to follow my McDonald's with a very sugary fizzy beverage and an apple slice...more sugar for my now very happy body

  8. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jack Daniels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    Obviously based on scientific evidence...McDonald's contains lots of sugar, salts and fats....the body naturally craves these substances...why deny the body those things it craves??
    i tend to follow my McDonald's with a very sugary fizzy beverage and an apple slice...more sugar for my now very happy body
    @JAKEISGREAT @Lucy-licious

    Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB



    Now we know how Lucy-licious got her name ...!
    -jack-jpg

  9. #21
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT @Lucy-licious

    Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB Name:  thread Hijack.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  2.1 KB



    Now we know how Lucy-licious got her name ...!

    We need picture proof!

  10. #22
    Potty Trainer tanito00's Avatar
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    64
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I'm sorry, but that was totally uncalled for.

    RC fits the needs of many bulldogs just as Beneful fits the needs of many dogs, but that doesn't mean it's a quality food. Just because your vet sells you something doesn't earn it the quality label. We have a dog food ratings list here on EBN that lists foods in order of quality ingredients. I believe that list is based many years of experience with BULLDOGS. But you're right, maybe that list isn't scientific enough to validate our "opinions". So lets look elsewhere ok?

    Dog Food Adviser's website lists it as a 4 star food and their data IS scientific. Oddly enough, only the Starter line warrants a rating. Dog Food Adviser states

    "Judging by its ingredients alone, Royal Canin Starter appears to be an average dry dog food.
    But ingredient quality by itself cannot tell the whole story. We still need to estimate the product’s meat content before determining a final rating.
    The dashboard displays a dry matter protein reading of 32%, a fat level of 23% and estimated carbohydrates of about 38%.
    As a group, the brand features an average protein content of 32% and a mean fat level of 23%. Together, these figures suggest acarbohydrate content of 38% for the overall product line. And a fat-to-protein ratio of about 72%.
    Above-average protein. Above-average fat. And below-average carbs when compared to a typical dry dog food.

    When you consider the protein-boosting effect of the wheat gluten, this looks like the profile of a kibble containing a moderate amount of meat.
    Bottom line?
    Royal Canin Starter is a plant-based kibble using a moderate amount of chicken meal as its main source of animal protein, thus earning the brand 4 stars. "

    Or, if you prefer, we could go to the department of consumer affairs to read what actual users say. For every site that you show me that show's it is a great food choice, I can show you one that says it isnt. Just because someone's opinion differs than yours doesn't make it less valid. It makes it DIFFERENT and doesn't deserve to be called anything other than that. And you know what? Sometimes other peoples opinions are RIGHT and yours is the wrong one.

    People come here because they need advise. @JAKEISGREAT gave hers. She didn't deserve to be attacked for it. I personally VALUE her opinions, experience and insight and even IF I disagree with something she says, I still consider her opinions no less VALID than my own.


    NOW... back on topic...

    I've found that mixing chicken broth works great when trying to get them to eat something new
    man i almost ran out of breath reading this..lol....good stuff though!!

  11. #23
    .........
    Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,981
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    @Twice well said, @JAKEISGREAT I know I should eat lean proteins, low glycemic index carbs and nutrient rich veggies, but dang it- I love in-n-out burgers! Lol! And I know I shouldn't drink 1/8th the amount of alcohol I do, but I still do it.

    I personally fed RC before I realized the ingredients were crap. Switched to a better food and tear stains and mushy poops went away. RC bulldog is not any more formulated for bulldogs than pudding is specially formulated for Bill Cosby.

    As for getting pups to eat stuff they don't like-plain yogurt, chicken or beef broth (no sodium), pumpkin purée (no spices), or cottage cheese have been successful for me.

    Good luck!
    Double Double Animal Style, 'nuff said. And being born and raised in the north east there is nothing higher on the priority list when I get to Cali

  12. #24
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jack Daniels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Royal Canin

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    I will second that with extra special sauce


    They look better on TV commercials don't they..?


    -mcd-jpg
    -jack-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •