General Question Fromm Gold vs. Royal Canin

greek

Aug 25, 2012
Brownstown,Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Mojo
I would like to switch my EB's food from Royal Canin Bulldog24 to Fromm Gold Large Breed Adult Formula. She is 4yrs. old & 45lbs. no allergies we know of. I can't afford the high priced Fromm on a fixed income would this benefit my dog ?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I feed Brutus and non bullie Chanel Fromm 4 Star Grain Free Beef Frittata. Alot of people feed Fromm and its higher rated than Royal Canin. English Bulldogs are considerded medium breed I belive but I could be wrong. You could check out PetFlow.com and use that site to order Fromm as its cheaper there than at the stores I have checked in my area. Here is the link you can use to check the food ratings list as a guideline: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Althought the RC is cheaper... you will save on trips to the vet with a higher grade food like Fromm. You can also look into other grain free foods like Earthborn, Taste of the Wild etc. As ChanelnBrutus stated, look at our listing and see what can fit into you budget.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yes, almost anything is better than RC! I've heard Avoderm is very reasonably priced too. You may also find that you'll be able to feed less with healthier brands, so a bag will last longer than RC.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I wouldn't get large breed that's for dogs that are 80lbs an more plus you don't want to feed a bully large breed cause of there joints an bones an they put more protein an more vitamin d an if ebd or any dog that's not a large breed get to much there organs can shut down so just be careful

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you could get the regular adult fromm gold it would be fine. the 4 star is better but any fromm is better than rc.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What ever type of Fromm you choose to use ... just make sure to transition him off the Royal Canin slowly!!

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Also Fromm offers the buy 12 bags, get one free..my local store also offers a 5% discount card, so every $200 you spend you get $10 back. This results in a lot of savings, and ends up making the Fromm closer in price to the other retail brands.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.