General Question English Bulldog finicky with his food.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I too, have to admit that I have a spoiled boy, :) but getting him to eat is NEVER a problem. I do sometimes give him a special dinner and will add a little warmed up gravy on his kibble, if I have some left over or will put a spoon of the Fromms canned food over it. He will lick the bowl clean and go back 2 or 3 times just to make sure he didn't miss any. Like you, I just cannot deny that sweet face. I do stand firm on never feeding him while I am eating at the table, but if I'm snacking in the family room, he will get the last bit of whatever I am eating but ONLY if he sits and waits patiently for me to finish. Just be consistent and don't give in if he won't eat his food. Just like a kid doesn't get dessert if he doesn't eat his dinner :) These guys are smart and will catch on, but are also stubborn and relentless, but YOU are the Pawrent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
This sounds JUST like Herschel. He will refuse his Fromm until I change the flavor... or until it's the middle of the night and he just gives in and eats it all lol. He eats on his own time and only will eat for me on my time if I bribe him with the soft or something like the yogurt. I do believe tho that if someone made cat food flavored dog food he would gobble it up because he has an affinity for the stuff. I have to watch him close or he will sneak in and eat it.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: everyone has great ideas I would do some yogurt or banana's or other fruits or green beens that would get any dog to eat just something that good for them is fine to help them eat good luck

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Nelson was like that right from the word go with kibble, he would always be keen at the start and then the novely would wear off and he would then start rfusing to eat it. It also made me sad as he clearly loved other bits of food. It became a chore to get him to eat it, I would mix it with youghurt, pumpkin, meat juice etc... and still it was hard work. In light of this and also mainly because he was riddled with allergies (hence having to try different kibbles) I made the decision to go raw feeding and have never looked back. Nelson LOVES it!! He has gone from a dog that was disinterested to a dog that eagerly awaits his meals and its a joy to behold. I want to shout it from the rooftops and suggest Raw feeding to everyone, as I know he is now a much happy and healthier dog :)

Most Reactions