Help Needed! Food Switch?

Luluthegreat

Sep 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
So, my bulldog LuLu has red eyes, eye boogers, and greenish feces. I'm told it's a food issue, and to try switching her food, BUT LuLu has a corn allergy and we literally have the ONLY food within a 50 mile radius of our house that doesn't have corn, so feeding her another food isn't an easy option. We buy our food for Orscheln's, and we have checked Wal-Mart, pet stores, and anywhere else you can think to buy dog food. I live in small town Kansas, so you can imagine the lack of choices I have. I need your help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Petflow! Just click the link... Free shipping! Look in the second post on each forum topic, coupon code Englishbulldog

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
With the area you live, you probably would be better off to order online. I know your reservations, I am not a fan of ordering online either. We are lucky to live in an area with two decent pet stores, but neither of them carry Fromm grain-free on the shelf, one will special order it and the other says try this other brand that we already carry. The first time we ordered from the local store, it took 17 days to come in. Our first order from Mr. Chewy took 3 business days. Delivered safely, to our door in a box with a little packing material in three days.

We have found with our bullies, grain-free is a definite must. Our female, Lily, doesn't do well with all fish as the protein. Mixed is ok, but all salmon contributed to her having stones. I know many other dogs, including our Humphrey, who do great on the fish.

We have used Blue Buffalo Wilderness (Salmon and Duck), with good results. We switched to Fromm this summer though. Since switching, Lily is back down to her fighting weight and seems pretty happy and Humphrey has added a couple pounds but it's muscle, not flab. Last month, we ran out of Fromm between deliveries and had to grab a bag "off the shelf" at the pet store. We picked up a bag of Acana Ranchlands flavor to tide us over. The dogs loved it and ate it without prompting (Lily is a bit of a picky eater).

We're back to Fromm now that our shipment arrived. They put out a really good product that keeps your dog healthy.

Their are dozens of places you can order from on-line, my husband likes Mr. Chewy (probably because of the name). They have been very dependable and they do pack it in a box. Some other places just slap a label on the bag.

Locally, often times farm supply places like Southern States or feed supply stores carry brands of food like Blue Buffalo and a couple others. Not everyone thinks to look there.

Feeding a good quality food to your bullie will cure many ills, I can tell you that for sure!

Priscilla
owned by Humphrey & Lily (English Bulldogs) & grandpuppy Joey (rat terrier)

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
i ordered my first fromm from amazon 3-5 days free shipping, i also switch to fromm from Ultra, I give him salmon tunalini and surf and turf, philly had an unpleasant rxn with the beef fritata. checked fromm website and found a petstore that carries the product 15 min away from my house.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
If you are comfortable ordering online, try Amazon's PRIME service. You can get your food in 2 days with no shipping (and anything else they deliver). If you have PRIME you can pay $3.99 for overnight shipping. I always try Amazon first because of that service.

I'll let one of the food experts chime in about which foods to try, but usually Amazon has it.

I'm feeding Herman Earthborn Holisitics Great Plains Feast. I met a rep from their company in a pet store near me, he was very knowledgeable and taught me a lot. And while he of course HAD to recommend Earthborn, he did say at some point I may want to move him up to Merrick or Orijen. But both Herman and myself are very excited about Earthborn :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hello and :welcome: ... first of all I'm going to tag out resident food guru ... [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] ... and secondly I can't recommend PetFlow highly enough. If you set up automatic delivery where you choose to get your order sent at a certain time on a regular basis, then the shipping is free. I did a lot of research to find out the cheapest option for me to get my Fromm and they won hands down!!!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin has food allergies an I get blue buffalo basics turkey & potato grain free there's no corn, wheat, soy, no dairy, eggs,no artificial preservatives no artificial flavors the basics are for dogs with food sensitive only 22 percent protein no poultry by-product meals no artificial ingredients of any kind I did try Fromm for him an he had the. :poo: for 6 straight days every hour it was bad he got a yeast infection from it I tried other 6 star foods and the didn't seem to work an the blue buffalo basics they only make he turkey grain free. Good luck

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
So, my bulldog LuLu has red eyes, eye boogers, and greenish feces. I'm told it's a food issue, and to try switching her food, BUT LuLu has a corn allergy and we literally have the ONLY food within a 50 mile radius of our house that doesn't have corn, so feeding her another food isn't an easy option. We buy our food for Orscheln's, and we have checked Wal-Mart, pet stores, and anywhere else you can think to buy dog food. I live in small town Kansas, so you can imagine the lack of choices I have. I need your help!

ok well what food are you feeding now and what pet stores do you have available like petco or petsmart. will help me help you with this.

OP
L

Luluthegreat

Sep 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
I feed her diamond 60+ and I have a petsmart about 60 miles away, but other than that, I only have Orscheln's, which is a farm supply store. These stores are a smaller caliber than most you see so they don't have the as much stock as other people and states have.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I feed her diamond 60+ and I have a petsmart about 60 miles away, but other than that, I only have Orscheln's, which is a farm supply store. These stores are a smaller caliber than most you see so they don't have the as much stock as other people and states have.

Do you have a tractor supply. . I get my taste of the wild their and they also have blue...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
what about ordering something online. peflow and there are other sites that have lots of food and will ship to your door? i looked at what they have at that feed store and its not very good stuff really and some things i couldnt even find ingredients for. if you cannot order online i will help you pick something else but honestly id drive to petsmart rather than get something from that store. [MENTION=5870]Luluthegreat[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online