Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Need help again!

Since we made the switch (yes, we did it gradually) to fromm puppy, our dog's stools have went from solid, to loose, and now liquid. We are wondering if it's the chicken since we've read on here that a lot of bulldogs have trouble with it. He will be 12 weeks on Tuesday. Do you think it's too early to put him on the fromm all stages, so we can try the beef frittata? If we do that, do we still change gradually even though he's having issues with this?

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need help again!

Plain pumpkin will stiff'n up the stool about a tablespoon a meal
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

what were you feeding before when the stools were good and how long has he been on the fromm puppy?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    what were you feeding before when the stools were good and how long has he been on the fromm puppy?
    His breeder had him on Iams. He had been transitioning since we brought him home a couple of weeks ago. Once he was completely on Fromm puppy ( a few days) his stools turned liquid. We picked up Fromm beef frittata yesterday. We started feeding him 1/2 and 1/2 and they have been solid since the first meal with the mixture. I know we are supposed to transition with less of the new but we opted to go 50-50 since he had diarrhea.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

I tried Fromm for franklin an it was liquid. for 6 days straight every hour an as soon as I switched him to something else his. was back to normal the next time he. now I'm on blue buffalo basics turkey & potato grain free its for dogs with food sensitivity

he was on the other basics but it wasn't grain free an he was still itchy but when I switched to grain free he's awesome perfect. fur is so soft an shiny no red face no itching I know its not a 6 star food but we tried a lot of them and he couldn't handle everything in it. This is the best food for Franklin an both of my dogs love it if you look at it towards Fromm the only thing that's different is Fromm has different proteins in the same bag an for dogs with food sensitivities sometimes that's not a good thing.
    Last edited by loveabully; 09-02-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlover View Post
    His breeder had him on Iams. He had been transitioning since we brought him home a couple of weeks ago. Once he was completely on Fromm puppy ( a few days) his stools turned liquid. We picked up Fromm beef frittata yesterday. We started feeding him 1/2 and 1/2 and they have been solid since the first meal with the mixture. I know we are supposed to transition with less of the new but we opted to go 50-50 since he had diarrhea.

It sounds like you are on the right track. sadly..Fromm isn't the perfect food for ALL our Bully's. I would definitely stay away from chicken..and FYI..The Surf n Turf also has chicken in it!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    It sounds like you are on the right track. sadly..Fromm isn't the perfect food for ALL our Bully's. I would definitely stay away from chicken..and FYI..The Surf n Turf also has chicken in it!
    Yeah, my husband was ready to go buy Blue Buffalo (we had tried our Cavalier, Scarlett, on the small breed formula after the TOTW recall but she didn't do well on it) since it's easier to find around here but I wanted to try this first. Especially since we have a large bag of Chicken A' La Veg which Scarlett has been eating. Once that bag is gone we can have them on the same food without having to transition her. Thanks for the heads up about the Surf n Turf!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh im so glad your baby is better. thats awsome

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Just another thing to consider ..... has he been tested for parasites? If it continues you might want to get a fecal done, and make sure that they test for giardia!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Just another thing to consider ..... has he been tested for parasites? If it continues you might want to get a fecal done, and make sure that they test for giardia!!
    He's actually fine now that we have put him on a 50-50 blend of Fromm Puppy and Fromm Beef Frittata. But to answer your question, yes he was tested for parasites. He did have a couple of them when we first brought him home but he was treated for them and had been fine until we switched his food. Who would have figured he would do better on Iams puppy than Fromm puppy? lol

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlover View Post
    He's actually fine now that we have put him on a 50-50 blend of Fromm Puppy and Fromm Beef Frittata. But to answer your question, yes he was tested for parasites. He did have a couple of them when we first brought him home but he was treated for them and had been fine until we switched his food. Who would have figured he would do better on Iams puppy than Fromm puppy? lol
    Did he get treated twice or just once? Parasites like worms lay eggs and a reborn in 3 weeks...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Did he get treated twice or just once? Parasites like worms lay eggs and a reborn in 3 weeks...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Actually, the treatment is 3 rounds, two weeks apart. Today starts the third treatment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads