wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
With the new food switch upcoming I am thinking of also starting Guinness coconut oil as I have read good things about it on here. How much should I give señor chubby? He is 60lbs. Also exactly what coconut oil should I be purchasing?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I just finished a tub of coconut oil, it's in a solid state when not warmed. The doseage is on the container, it's like 1 tablespoons twice a day for a bully of 60 pounds. The directions are on the label, I put the last half of the tub and mixed with the cooked stew I've been feeding them mixed with thier kibble. It smells so good. and the taste is good too. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm using Nutiva at the moment (you can use any extra virgin organic coconut oil). I started out with 1/4 teaspoons per meal to see if he liked it and if it caused any problems...now I'm up to 1 teaspoon per meal, but it should be 1 teaspoon per 10 pound per day. I working up to giving my dog more still.

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
What does coconut oil do for them? Can I use the same one I use as an overnight treatment for my hair or is there one made especially for dogs?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
If you use the coconut oil used for cooking (extra virgin coconut oil that you get in the cooking aisle), then yes you can use that one. I use that in my hair too! However, there is one made for dogs called Coco Therapy. I believe it's the same thing for the most part. Its an alternative to fish oils and it helps the immune system and is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc. You can use it topically on their skin as well to heal cuts (did you ever used to use coco butter on your skin and scars? same type of thing). It will improve their breath too as a bonus!

I'm sure what you have is fine as long as it's not a hair product. I have to say that because I mentioned it to a co-worker and she thought I was talking about coconut hair oil from the hair aisle... :down:

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
If you use the coconut oil used for cooking (extra virgin coconut oil that you get in the cooking aisle), then yes you can use that one. I use that in my hair too! However, there is one made for dogs called Coco Therapy. I believe it's the same thing for the most part. Its an alternative to fish oils and it helps the immune system and is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc. You can use it topically on their skin as well to heal cuts (did you ever used to use coco butter on your skin and scars? same type of thing). It will improve their breath too as a bonus!

I'm sure what you have is fine as long as it's not a hair product. I have to say that because I mentioned it to a co-worker and she thought I was talking about coconut hair oil from the hair aisle... :down:

Too funny! No, I was referring to and use the cooking oil.

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I also use Nutiva for my bully. He's 73 lbs and I feed him 2xs daily. 1 1/2 cups dry food (BB Wilderness Salmon) and I use 1 tablespoon nutiva in each feeding... (along w Greek goddess honey yogurt) . (bad mommy added flavoring and now they won't eat without flavoring)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't tried the coconut oil yet, but do like to use the Grizzly salmon oil. so what are the benefits of the coconut oil over the salmon oil .... or are they approx the same??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.