Thread: Anybody Feeding Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein, Low Carb?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Willie
    Likes (Received)

Default Anybody Feeding Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein, Low Carb?

Hi,

After months of food trials I finally got my bulldog's blood allergy test taken. He has a bunch of allergies.... but with the allergy panel that I got back, the Vet gave me a long list of foods that will work for him. Solid Gold Barking at the Moon was one of them. Does anybody here feed this to your dog?

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anybody Feeding Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein, Low Carb?

We started Brutus at 2 months on Solid Gold Lamb/Rice (hundenflocken) Puppy Food and his poops were always soft, farted like crazy stinky, coat wasnt shiny. I had his poop tested 4 times b/c I couldnt figure out why it was always soft. Well anyway we switched to Fromm Beef Frittatta and everything is better...He doesnt ever fart Seriously he really never does. Solid Gold isnt low rated its rated 5 but IMO there is better food. Here is the link to check out food ratings http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...g-Food-Ratings
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anybody Feeding Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein, Low Carb?

i have had 3 dogs and 2 cats on 3 different versions of this food and one was the barking at the moon and i have to say i believe of all the foods ive had my pets on (bout 15) this was the worst. might be ok for you but for me and my gang it was awful stuff. i can help you find something else of check the food ratings page.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Willie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks ChanelnBrutus and Cowsmom

Oddly enough Willie is on Fromm Beef Frittatta right now, and never has firm stools, always loose. So....I may switch to the Fromm Salmon which is also on the allergy list of acceptable foods. Just thought I would see what solid gold was all about.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jackcmuzic View Post
    Thanks ChanelnBrutus and Cowsmom

Oddly enough Willie is on Fromm Beef Frittatta right now, and never has firm stools, always loose. So....I may switch to the Fromm Salmon which is also on the allergy list of acceptable foods. Just thought I would see what solid gold was all about.
    When you switched to the Fromm did you do it gradual? You can add some pumpkin(not piefilling) about 1tbsp to his food to help. Fromm has many flavors and I love the Grain Free Beef..How long has he been on it for now with soft poo?
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Willie
    Likes (Received)

yes did the gradual switch, he has been eating it for two months. I am going to try the salmon tunalini.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jackcmuzic View Post
    yes did the gradual switch, he has been eating it for two months. I am going to try the salmon tunalini.
    any updates. how is he doing now?

Remove Ads