Help Needed! Anybody Feeding Solid Gold Barking at the Moon High Protein, Low Carb?

jackcmuzic

Jun 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
Hi,

After months of food trials I finally got my bulldog's blood allergy test taken. He has a bunch of allergies.... but with the allergy panel that I got back, the Vet gave me a long list of foods that will work for him. Solid Gold Barking at the Moon was one of them. Does anybody here feed this to your dog?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: We started Brutus at 2 months on Solid Gold Lamb/Rice (hundenflocken) Puppy Food and his poops were always soft, farted like crazy stinky, coat wasnt shiny. I had his poop tested 4 times b/c I couldnt figure out why it was always soft. Well anyway we switched to Fromm Beef Frittatta and everything is better...He doesnt ever fart Seriously he really never does. Solid Gold isnt low rated its rated 5 but IMO there is better food. Here is the link to check out food ratings http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have had 3 dogs and 2 cats on 3 different versions of this food and one was the barking at the moon and i have to say i believe of all the foods ive had my pets on (bout 15) this was the worst. might be ok for you but for me and my gang it was awful stuff. i can help you find something else of check the food ratings page.

OP
J

jackcmuzic

Jun 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
Thanks ChanelnBrutus and Cowsmom

Oddly enough Willie is on Fromm Beef Frittatta right now, and never has firm stools, always loose. So....I may switch to the Fromm Salmon which is also on the allergy list of acceptable foods. Just thought I would see what solid gold was all about.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thanks ChanelnBrutus and Cowsmom

Oddly enough Willie is on Fromm Beef Frittatta right now, and never has firm stools, always loose. So....I may switch to the Fromm Salmon which is also on the allergy list of acceptable foods. Just thought I would see what solid gold was all about.

When you switched to the Fromm did you do it gradual? You can add some pumpkin(not piefilling) about 1tbsp to his food to help. Fromm has many flavors and I love the Grain Free Beef..How long has he been on it for now with soft poo?

OP
J

jackcmuzic

Jun 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Willie
yes did the gradual switch, he has been eating it for two months. I am going to try the salmon tunalini.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.