General Question Veggies and fruit

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was wondering if someone had a list or knows what fruits and veggies are safe for bully's to eat? I have been eating melon salad and Lola keeps trying to get my watermellon is that safe? Also I have been feeding her carrots everyday is that safe and if so how much?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
No grapes, no raisins, no apple cores (seeds) as far as fruits go. Ruggles loves all fruit (except limes & lemons) and all veggies. Moderation is the key!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I just want to say that watermelon is puppy crack at my house! My bullies love it and when they know there is some in the refrigerator, they will stake it out until someone opens the door and feels sorry for the deprived puppies and give them some!!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thanks everyone! When it comes to the watermelon I wasnt sure if it would give her the runs or not? I gave her 4 baby carrots yesterday ans she pooped in her bed the first time since I got her at 6 weeks, she has never pee or poop in her crate so it was unexpected. Carrots are the only thing I have added to her diet so I figured it was that. Thank everyone!

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks everyone! When it comes to the watermelon I wasnt sure if it would give her the runs or not? I gave her 4 baby carrots yesterday ans she pooped in her bed the first time since I got her at 6 weeks, she has never pee or poop in her crate so it was unexpected. Carrots are the only thing I have added to her diet so I figured it was that. Thank everyone!

How old is your little girl?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola will be 11 weeks on monday. I gave her some watermelon and she loved it! Didnt give her the runs either.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lola will be 11 weeks on monday. I gave her some watermelon and she loved it! Didnt give her the runs either.

I give Banks and Chelios (Frenchie) Watermelon, Cantaloupe, blueberries,green beans, carrots, broccoli, and a few others that I can't remember right now --- most are frozen and both love them all. Oh, banana.. they love banana

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So far we have tried carrots and watermelon and she likes both. Havent tried anything else yet but Im going to try frozen green beans and bananas. Thanks everyone!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
We tried bananas and wow I thought she was going crazy she was so excited! I held it in my hand and gave her little pieces at a time but I made her work for it so she can sit on command now lol. She is such a good girl!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: franklin & grace get frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, then watermelon, bananas as their treats they love them I'd rather give them that then cookies when I open the fridge he sticks his head in an tries to get to the fruit an when I don't give him some he gives me the stink eye :stinkeye:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.