wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] he is starting his second day out of four transition. He is still on one of the meds for the next 7 days so we will see how this all plays out. Thanks for checking in

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
@Momma2Bullies I have decided to order and start guinness on nvi limited turkey to narrow some things down and see how he does. How are your guys doing so far?

Hey! Sorry I took so long to reply.... well it has been about 8 weeks for me on NVI LID turkey... I am sorry to report that I am not happy. Sigh. My female has a yeast infection in her nose rope and my male is on antibiotics for chin acne and I can see the start of skin fold infection happening... and the vet said both are related to food allergies. Is it too much protein? Type of protein (poultry)???
So. I am kind of at a loss. Vet made a good point - I am still feeding them treats and stuff that is NOT hypoallergenic. I mean they are high quality (Nature's Variety $10 biscuits LOL), but not hypoallergenic. I am switching them back to Wellness, which they were awesome on until I started messing with things.

They totally improved on the NVi though - I want you to know that. It is just that there is ... something... still causing some issues. If I don't have success by November, I will be trying a serious hypoallergenic food trial to figure out the actual allergy issue. :*( I truly believe diet can dictate health... I just want them to be well!!! arghhhh!!!!!

Last edited:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'm late to the game, but as someone else suggested potatoes can be a factor in allergies. I have a friend who gives her bullies Nutrisca. It's made with chickpeas instead of potatoes and has done a world of good with her rescues. Hope you get Guinness' issues figured out. They can now allergy test with just sending out blood. Much better than how they used to do it. That way you would get a definitive answer to his allergies.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I homecook for my guys and Otis and Roxy get one meal a day of sweet potato mash and one meal of Earthborn Holistic. Abby's diet consists mainly of sweet potatoes which everyone knows can cause yeast buildup. To compensate for this I mix in a tablespoon of raw ACV with each meal. Nobody has ever had a yeast problem since we started this.

No red faces. No itchy feet. No tear stains.

Good luck in your search. I would agree with the others, an allergy test might be your best bet to eliminate all this trial and error you're suffering through

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.