General Question Yogurt

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Is there anything else I can give Lola besides yogurt for the calcium and digestive help? She has been on yogurt since I got her in her breakfast and it doesnt agree with her she gets the runs right after then her poop after lunch is back to normal maybe its the milk in it that doesnt agree with her?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm .... have you tried a little cheese??? Maybe it's not the dairy ... but the cultures in the yogurt that are disagreeing with her stomach.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So would cottage cheese be a good idea?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would buy probiotics and prebiotics, they are much more potent than just yoghurt and many dogs can't handle dairy at all. If you want to add calsium in a very natural way crushed egg shells are good.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Be careful with soy it usually does not agree with bullies, if you are thinking it's lactose you could try cabot cheese it's lactose free

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
My Schultz's tummy doesn't like yogurt, cottage cheese, or the like...so we use Animal Essentials Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics (I get it from Amazon) its a powder that can be sprinkled on meals....

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I will have to try that powder! I am giving her a multivitamin everyday too. Im more concerned with calcium and iron with how fast she is growing right now.
``````````````````````

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would think with the vitamin and her food she would be getting enough of both of those. meat has calcium and iron in them also just a thought. i give sarah a probiotic since she is allergic to milk. good luck

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I would buy probiotics and prebiotics, they are much more potent than just yoghurt and many dogs can't handle dairy at all. If you want to add calsium in a very natural way crushed egg shells are good.

we gave lola crushed egg shells mixed in light cream cheese in a kong about 3x a week when she was a growing pup :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Good suggestion!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.