Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allergic to lamb kibble

Lucy-licious

Default Allergic to lamb kibble

So after quite a long haul we have finally found Billy's appetite and just a few days ago introduced Lamb and rice James Wellbeloved into his diet...yesterday I noticed he was trying to scratch and today I found a few hives on his neck and a couple on his side...poor baby. Thekibble us the only new thing. So I'm pretty sure my poor boy is allergic. My plan is to try him with another flavour....thinking maybe the fish and rice.
    my question......Do I go back to home cooked rice and beef...then transition again when the hives have cleared...or just switch to the fish flavour and see how it goes. How long should it take for the hives to clear and me to see if the new food us ok??

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergic to lamb kibble

UGH.... I would do the rice/beef and transition to new. The hives should go away in a few hours, with the help of Benedryl
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Poor Billy! Well..this happened to us with Jake when I tried NVI Salmon..he had an immediate reaction! I just went right back to his old food. Then waited until I felt confident in trying a new food..and started a slow transition. So..I would go ack to what he has been eating..and wait a couple weeks..

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    UGH.... I would do the rice/beef and transition to new. The hives should go away in a few hours, with the help of Benedryl
    Can I give him Benadryl?...he's only 13 weeks old. And if so what's the dose? I use piriton for Lucy but would definitely not give that to Billy.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

You didn't ask me..but I wouldn't unless he is 25 pounds!

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    You didn't ask me..but I wouldn't unless he is 25 pounds!
    Lol I didn't see your answer until after I quoted Christine. I'm not sure what he weighs at the minute...brain fog

I think you are right and going back to home cooked is the best idea and switch when the kibble is definitely out of his system. We were so hoping lamb would be good for him though...cos that is what Lucy is on....not because it's easier but because we will not be able to feed them together, cos neither will be able to eat the others food or treats either. Oh dear

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious View Post
    Can I give him Benadryl?...he's only 13 weeks old. And if so what's the dose? I use piriton for Lucy but would definitely not give that to Billy.
    yes,,,, 1mg per pound
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Lol I didn't see your answer until after I quoted Christine. I'm not sure what he weighs at the minute...brain fog

I think you are right and going back to home cooked is the best idea and switch when the kibble is definitely out of his system. We were so hoping lamb would be good for him though...cos that is what Lucy is on....not because it's easier but because we will not be able to feed them together, cos neither will be able to eat the others food or treats either. Oh dear

Well..maybe Lucy would like a change too!

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..maybe Lucy would like a change too!
    Im sure she would...but we have her set up with her Lamb and Veg grain free.
    poor sweety though, I made them bothe the peanut butter and yoghurt ice cream treats....she has 3 great big boils on her black bit near her lips...I'm thinking she had a reaction to peanuts since that us the only thing different she had yesterday. She's snoozing on my knee after her piriton. I really should know better than to give her anything new to eat.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Im sure she would...but we have her set up with her Lamb and Veg grain free.
    poor sweety though, I made them bothe the peanut butter and yoghurt ice cream treats....she has 3 great big boils on her black bit near her lips...I'm thinking she had a reaction to peanuts since that us the only thing different she had yesterday. She's snoozing on my knee after her piriton. I really should know better than to give her anything new to eat.

Awwwww! Poor Lucy! Jake says he will be right over to kiss her boo boos!

NO! I did NOT say boobies!

Lucy-licious

Well...I went back to the home cooked beef and rice and after just 1 day back on that the hives on his neck are already going down...he's still itching at the ones on his side but they came up after the ones on his neck so I gues they will take longer to go away. I'll keep in on the beef and rice until the hives are all gone then try a new kibble. None of the puppy foods are grain free though...Lucy had problems with them all and we eventually got her on the grain free adult food at around 7 months. When is it good to switch to adult food?? For now I think he needs the extra protein puppy food has and the kibble is smaller. Lucy's kibble is twice the size as the puppy kibble...he would never manage it.

@cowsmom @JAKEISGREAT @2BullyMama

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

I have heard you can switch them at 4 months but I'm no expert. The wellbeloved does have other grain in it besides the lamb so it does not have to be that necessarily. Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads