Help Needed! Allergic to lamb kibble

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Just remember dear that Totw is made by diamond n they just had all those recalls for salmonella. I was talking bout the lamb n rice had I think barley in it to I did not look at the lamb n veg. Don't go changing just yet its not rice otherwise he wouldn't be able to eat the rice your feeding him n doesn't mean he can't eat the grain free one. Just take it slow dear. I'll help you

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will take ours off puppy food around 7 to 8 months of age. Some peeps do it around 6 months of age.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

We will take ours off puppy food around 7 to 8 months of age. Some peeps do it around 6 months of age.

Yeah Lucy was around that cos I remember worrying that I had left on puppy food so long :lol:

At this rate though he's gonna be on home cooked for a long time to come...oh well maybe I should just research home cooking for him instead..LMAO, I bad at cooking for the family why do I think I'll be better cooking for Billy :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] you must be doing a good job of cooking for him because he's still living and he must like your food, because he is eating it. :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well...I went back to the home cooked beef and rice and after just 1 day back on that the hives on his neck are already going down...he's still itching at the ones on his side but they came up after the ones on his neck so I gues they will take longer to go away. I'll keep in on the beef and rice until the hives are all gone then try a new kibble. None of the puppy foods are grain free though...Lucy had problems with them all and we eventually got her on the grain free adult food at around 7 months. When is it good to switch to adult food?? For now I think he needs the extra protein puppy food has and the kibble is smaller. Lucy's kibble is twice the size as the puppy kibble...he would never manage it.

@cowsmom [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] @2BullyMama

You can switch to an all stages food at anytime... do you have all-stages in the UK?

OP
L

Lucy-licious

You can switch to an all stages food at anytime... do you have all-stages in the UK?

Unfortunately no.....but not to worry...I will keep going until I find a good puppy food...then hope that the adult mix isn't too different that it bothers him when we change up. Think I'll keep updating his progress here though with each change so I have an e-journal to look back on and help me remember which food contained what. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Unfortunately no.....but not to worry...I will keep going until I find a good puppy food...then hope that the adult mix isn't too different that it bothers him when we change up. Think I'll keep updating his progress here though with each change so I have an e-journal to look back on and help me remember which food contained what. :)

Great idea....good luck

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Ok so I went for the Duck formula...which not only has a different protein base but also swaps Barley for oats....I started his transition yesterday...wish us luck, I so don't want this poor boy to get itchy again :pray:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope he does well Angie :hug:

Hey, maybe you will discover a new hobby in life, the joys of cooking? :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Hope he does well Angie :hug:

Hey, maybe you will discover a new hobby in life, the joys of cooking? :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

I don't cook for the family....cooking for the pup is killing me :ROFL:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi all,

It is amazing how many posts are here about food and allergies.
What I wonder is how many breeders do not KNOW about this problem or don't care? Every one of my for-ever home families gets a 4 page document of do's & don'ts about food and other concerns and allergies.

I agree, to go BACK to a known food that does not have any concerns such as a ground beef/turkey & rice to get time for any problems to go away.
Then switch over to a new food slowly. Over the course of several days of blending and mixing. See other posts about how to switch.

Good Day~

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Hi all,

It is amazing how many posts are here about food and allergies.
What I wonder is how many breeders do not KNOW about this problem or don't care? Every one of my for-ever home families gets a 4 page document of do's & don'ts about food and other concerns and allergies.

I agree, to go BACK to a known food that does not have any concerns such as a ground beef/turkey & rice to get time for any problems to go away.
Then switch over to a new food slowly. Over the course of several days of blending and mixing. See other posts about how to switch.

Good Day~

Yep, I got a large booklet, book and recipe list from my breeder..they take it very seriously and have offered to fund an allergy test when he is older. On the whole they have been great with us...Billy is just sensitive :love:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.