Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I am feeding Punk Royal Canin for Bulldogs because of the large pieces. I have tried other foods that have smaller pieces, but she just inhales it and then throws up because she ate too much. If you know of any other foods that have the large pieces like Royal Canin please let me know and I will try it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I was feeding Brutus SOlid Gold not a great food but larege peices and he inhaled it so fast...Switched to Fromm Beef anad its small peices so I though here we go more issues now and now not at all! As he is getting older I am noticing he is starting to eat a little slower not much though LOL

A slow feed is a good idea! I would check out the link above that CHristine posted it s a great list to help choose a good food for your bulie

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The Earthborn Holistic actually has larger sized pieces and is a high rated food. Definitely get a slow feed bowl or like I did..get a slow feed ball. Eating too fast can be dangerous and lead to Bloat. Like 2bullymama has said..Royal Canin is not a very good food. If you'd like some help choosing a better food..[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is a treasure around here for her knowledge!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
A tennis ball or soft ball does the same as a feeder ball or slow feeder bowl but much cheaper =)

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Jake would never do well with a tennis ball..he's too OCD with balls..plus it's not washable. I got the porcelain feeder ball..can go in dsh washer for $3
Wow awesome. I'e never seen a porcelain one.

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thanks much! I will get a slow feeder bowl for her and this should help a lot. I will check the section for food recommendations and then change her diet.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My Punkin was eating Royal Canin before we welcomed him to our family. And wow, his skin was so red and full of dandruff. Since he's now on excellent food, he has so much energy and has beautiful skin. A small change in diet can go a long way, especially for our sensitive bullies. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.