General Question dog food opinion

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ok,so i have a question. I currently was feeding my dogs BB chicken and rice formula.Tank has bad gas so i talked w vet they said give him beano w his food. did that for a while ,then i was told if i put a tablespoon of whole fat natural yogurt in his food it would help him w digestion and help alleviate gas. Then this last time i went to pet supply store there was a BB rep there, talked w her for a while and she said possibly try the wilderness formula ,no grains ,yada yada yada, said it help cut down and gas and such. Well....i bought it and they did eat it and it DIn cut back on gas,no more yogurt and no more Beano....bu then i was online and was looking at food rating and saw that TOTW has a six star rating,read its quite similar to BB but is slightly cheaper (to me significantly, a 5 Lb wilderness was $17 and a 5lb TOTW was $12). whats your opinion on this?Was thinking of switching over to TOTW because comes in bigger bag(35lb $49) and BB wilderness is almost $60for 24 lbs. any input would be great.ty

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=5642]SuggieMama[/MENTION] honestly id pay for the wilderness. taste of the wild is manufactured by diamond and if you look at their track record for recalls its not good. they just recently had another one for their south carolina plant for salmonella. to many for my taste but there are some here who still feed it. i would also consider that a bullies digestion is usually delicate and to many food switches can upset tummies. not saying you cant just if your bully is doing good on this maybe keep him on it for a bit then see bout something else. these dogs can be hard to feed and find the right food for so when we find something that works we try to stay with it. if cost is an issue lots here do well with the earthborn holistic grain free. just a thought.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
yeah,im EXTREMELY anal and obssesive w all my animals and have always fed BB, but now with Tank we go through alot of food. and Wilderness is very expensive, normally i wouldnt care to pay it. but i currently am on med leave and collecting diability so it was due to financial resaons i considered the changeat . i wish Wilderness came in a larger bag for a better price. :/. i feed tank 2xs daily a cup and a half each feeding as suggested according to weight.so we go though alot of food.And i only want the best for my babies .but its hard at the moment. i know the change has to be done gradual either way. i believe in healthy preventative vs,short cuts and vet bills. i am same w my gliders and they are ALSO not cheap to maintain. But i love my babies :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
check out earthborn holistic its cheaper and lots here feed it even me. well to my boston anyway sarah is to allergy ridden to eat it. there is also a little known brand called nutrisource that has grain free ones that are not to expensive and i dont believe they have ever had any recalls.

Last edited:
OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What variety meat do most feed? Chicken ,duck,bison,salmon? I didn't se on website that earthborn grain free is any cheaper than BB Wilderness :/

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I used to have a Boston ... Another of my favorite breeds!!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
What variety meat do most feed? Chicken ,duck,bison,salmon? I didn't se on website that earthborn grain free is any cheaper than BB Wilderness :/
seriously its not. wow here in va it is. i think alot here feed beef or lamb or fish. :hmm: on petflow its a bigger bag of earthborn is listed as almost 10 dollars cheaper than blue wilderness for the large one. and the medium size one is more food for some less to.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], mayb I didn't look right. I also was looking at local stores ..,,

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
At this age he should b on adult food or puppy if hes not done growing? I've had him on adult....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if i read your profile right [MENTION=5642]SuggieMama[/MENTION] he is one year old. adult food or all stage food is fine. i believe its said that you can use all stages food at 4 months old but some wait until 6months of age. one year old should be on adult or all stages food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.