Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earthborn Question

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Earthborn Question

We've had Ellie on it for about a month and a half now. So far, so good in regards to the Puppy Vantage formula with the exception of this over feeding issue that I ran into. You go by their recommendations and I ended up feeding a little too much.....ah well.....I'm sure I'm not the first that it's happened to. Now that we have her back down to 2 cups over 3 feedings a day, Ellie's is much more firm.

I really wanted something that I could get locally as I'm very particular at shopping for food.....even for the pets. I like to be able to inspect the bag and make sure that it meets my approval for no holes, tears, rips, etc, make sure that the expiration date is good enough, and be able to run out and get a bag if needed. We'll probably be doing another bag of the Puppy Vantage formula before switching over to either the Great Plains Feast or Meadow Feast. I haven't decided which I want to try her on yet though.

My only complaint is that the resealable bag works for a couple of days before the sticker loses its stickiness. Nothing a Tupperware container can't fix though.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Having ok results with Meadowfeast for over 3 months now- though the kibble is very dark now due to them having a new lamb meal source, I was told.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Ok, I am going to *sort of* highjack this thread. I have noticed that since I have been back around, there are lots of bullies on this food now. Anyone wanna fill me in? I have been thinking of switching and noticed that they carry it here.

@JAKEISGREAT
    @cowsmom

anyone else using this food?

Thanks for the info!!
    I dug up my old research on it. Here ya go: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...l=1#post154155

I actually switched to the Primitive Natural about 4 months or so ago. The feed store that I go to for all my exotic pets stopped carrying Blue Buffalo! So, I went to all the Pet Stores close to me and Blue Wilderness was $75 for the 24lb bag! A lot more than I was paying at the feed store. So, I went ahead and risked a food switch because Earthborn was only $55 for a 28lb bag. So yeah, this was completely price induced and nothing else.

I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't tried any of the other flavors. I top the dry food with a small amount of wet food so I use the wet food for flavor.

By the way, I haven't tried it yet, but the Pet Store I get my Earthborn from now carries Earthborn wet dog food - just started last week. I'll try it next time.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Grabbed a bag of Great Plains Feast tonight so we'll probably start to transition Ellie onto it full time either Sunday or Monday. I gave her a couple of the kibbles and she gobbled them down like it was going out of style.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spork3127 View Post
    Grabbed a bag of Great Plains Feast tonight so we'll probably start to transition Ellie onto it full time either Sunday or Monday. I gave her a couple of the kibbles and she gobbled them down like it was going out of style.
    Good luck... and keep us posted on how she is doing
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads