Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks interesting. Check this out [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
$79.99 for a 8lb bag?

If what they say is true about an 8 pound bag making 40 pounds of food (rehydrated) then it's not a bad price. I just paid 62.00 for a 23.5 pound bag of NVI tonight.

What bothers me is that I can't find a dietary analysis anywhere on that site. I'd like to know % protein etc

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That IS interesting but I couldn't find nutrition information. Did you also see that they will be doing a customized version soon? That you can call and choose your own ingredients. VERY interesting....Don't other companies have freeze dried food out now? I thought NVI did....I might be mistaken though.

OP
marianne

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I found the ad for the food on craigslist...that's one reason why i wondered about it...any way the contact info given is a woman out of Pittsburgh, PA Carri Finkbeiner, Launch Advisor, [email protected] anyone interested in more info can contact her directly

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I just saw this in a newsletter from a dog website that I get. I immediately went to the site and looked at the ingredients...the beef has sweet potatoes listed as the first ingredient....whats up with that? It seems like the company has a setup kinda like avon...when I read the article that's how I understood it. I really don't like that a carb is listed as the first ingredient.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I just saw this in a newsletter from a dog website that I get. I immediately went to the site and looked at the ingredients...the beef has sweet potatoes listed as the first ingredient....whats up with that? It seems like the company has a setup kinda like avon...when I read the article that's how I understood it. I really don't like that a carb is listed as the first ingredient.

I wonder if sweet potato is actually the first ingredient or just how they set it up. I would like to see a REAL ingredients list (as in how much of everything) and a nutrition information panel for the different varieties.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah it looks like a pyramid style sales thing, like Amway. I'm sure it's a good food but without seeing the guaranteed analysis and ingredient list I cannot say yes or no.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] Me too, if that's not correct then they are really doing themselves a disservice for when people who kind of know about kibble ingredients go to their website. Once I saw that, I X'd out the website and went on my way.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] ...yoo hoo where are you? It's been like 18 hours since [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] mentioned you.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I am not around a computer on wed n thurs evening so I was intending to reply Friday evening as looking up stuff n posting on my 4 inch screen is aggrevating to say the least and this did not seem to be an emergency so I will reply then sorry if it seemed I was ignoring this

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I emailed them and they got back to me in a few hours. This is what I sent:

You have Sweet Potatoes listed as the first ingredient on both your turkey and beef food. So the bulk of your food is made up of a carbohydrate? Where is your guaranteed analysis? Thank you for your help in advance.

This is the response:
Thank you for your question.

Sweet potato is our first ingredient due to the fact that we do not have simple carbohydrates in our food at all or any other fillers. Unlike many food companies, we don’t add things into our food to affect the percentages in a way just to have turkey or beef listed first. The best way I can describe this is with an example. Most pet foods contain rice or other grains. They might have white rice, brown rice and some other simple carbohydrate. If you added these up, they would be the first ingredient; however, they use a variety of fillers/simple carbohydrates so that individually they are each a lower percentage.

Sweet potatoes are a “super” vegetable. They really are the idea ingredient for so many reason. Rather than having sweet potato and a lesser veggie to change the percentages, we go with what is really best.

I have attached a pdf of our labels for you to view. The back of the package has the % breakdown. It’s not a fancy pdf, but has the info you were inquiring about.

Let me know if you have further questions that I can assist with. I am answering all correspondence from customers and potential customers at this time, so you can email me directly.

Sincerely,

Laurie

Laurie Girardi

VP of Sales

PetSana, Inc.

302-234-1770

guaranteed analysis.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Interesting!!! Think I'll stick to my Fromm though ..... :yes:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Yea I'll be sticking with Earthborn, lol. I'm just really surprised that they don't have the guaranteed analysis on their website.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.